IGNORED

2nd generation gas cap cover

mike042

I bought one at a VR Rally...I think it was in New York...don't remember.   I think it came from Ace.

Looks great...no glare....but can be a pain to get secured....sometimes I'll spend a minute or two fiddling with it before I can get rollin'.

15 hours ago, mike042 said:

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find a leather for 30 . I would do that. Only place I saw nice leather was ace high leathers but they said 90 bucks

I bought mine when Yamaha offered it as an accessory. I believe I paid around $30 for it. I've had it several years and it shows it. Nancy at Aces High is a hand crafted piece and will last a lifetime.

I had some carbon fiber decal stuff and covered mine. then it eventually came off as the stuff was made to go on flat surface. So my son had some Plasti dip spray paint matte black and I sprayed. Looked fine and if I didnt like it , it can be peeled off.

I bought the Yamaha gas cap cover but use a fishing lead with it.  I made a small hole in the gas cap cover, fed the fishing lead thru it, under the plastic cover (on 2nd gen) and looped it around one of the supports under the plastic cover.  I'll never lose the cover this way either by forgetting it at the gas station or while riding.

Guest divey
1 hour ago, XV1100SE said:

I bought the Yamaha gas cap cover but use a fishing lead with it.  I made a small hole in the gas cap cover, fed the fishing lead thru it, under the plastic cover (on 2nd gen) and looped it around one of the supports under the plastic cover.  I'll never lose the cover this way either by forgetting it at the gas station or while riding.

Good idea.  Nancy at Ace High Leathers made mine but as the song goes "it's blowing in the wind!"  Should have secured it somehow.

IMG_9016.jpg.d500ebf1970b11399772071b6d5d36f4.jpg

Funny how I thought the chrome looked good. But on a sunny day it sure threw some bad glare. So my Victory has a black cap. But I rode an Indian dresser (not sure which model) but it had a chrome cap and brought back memories. As ET said Brite light Brite light