IGNORED

Hopefully new owner 2007 Venture

Hello Venturerider.org community, I have used this site for my decision to put a down payment on a 2007 Venture Midnight. I didn't get to test drive it today as the dealership stated that the front disk has a warp in it and they want to fix it first as well as do a total maintenance on the bike as they just got it in. It has just under 25k miles and has some nice aftermarket upgrades.

I have been riding motorcycles for 9 years, I know small time compared to some but I have owned previous a vstar 650 and 1100 as well as ninja 300. I miss the cruiser life and need to get back to riding. Im excited as this site has giving me a lot of valuable information and if all goes well I hope to use this site and owners group for info on the bike.

I unfortunately only use mobile phone no computer so hopefully I can fully use this site. Only rookie question I have for this group so far is that I never had a true touring bike, especially a V4, I do remember my 650 being a little cold blooded and finicky at start ups, I only use non ethonal gas and I use seafoam in all small engines, does the v4 run happier or have the same stubbornness. I do plan on doing most work myself however never touched carbs, I do periodic maintenance myself like lube shaft drive and fluid changes just not engine inclined. I do plan running a battery tender always at night for max CCA especially in the fall. I do live in WI. Appreciate this community and hope to have long road and journey ahead of me.

And sorry for the long post. I will certainly post pictures as I take them and do things.

If I missed any forum etiquette please let me know and I will follow up.

Thanks again

• Like 2

Welcome to the group. You will get more feedback if you post this over in the watering hole. You won’t find a more helpful or welcoming group than this one. As far as the running of the V4 keep the carbs clean and good plugs in it along with normal maintenance and it will fire right up and go forever. 

You did just fine on your post and to be honest, we aren't that picky around here.  To be honest, you would get more responses if you had posted in the Watering Hole though,  Great looking bike and the mileage is very good.  These bikes will easily exceed 100,000 with very little maintenance and well over 200,000 if you take care of them.  You will need to get a carb syncing tool and learn how to use it but it's very easy.  As for being cold natured, I've never found them to be very picky.  Just give it some choke (enricher actually) and they will fire right up and warm up quickly.  Very nice looking ride.  Love the mufflers, they may be loud though.  Look like they may be Baron's.  

• Like 1

Nice looking bike.  Dealer pics are nice with the background.

You'll do fine with the Venture.  Just keep in mind it is a bit top heavy until you get used to it but once you are used to it you'll argue that it isn't top heavy.

As Freebird said...easy going group here.  Lots of maintenance and upgrade info in the technical and read only sections.

Enjoy the ride !

• 1 month later...

Great bike. I have had 4 gold wings and a memeber of GWRRA for over 27 years. Rides better than any GW that I have every had. I have 104k on mine and my longest run was 1240 miles in 20 hr, the next day 600 miles and the next day 600 miles. Just got back from the smokie mts on 1400 mile trip.

Was hauling my bike on a trailer and lost my seat. If any one knows where there is a factory seat for my 2002, please let me know.

Ride safe, bike is top heavy especially when doing dead stick turns such as in middle of road. But when you get your feet up and roll the throttle, it is a great ride. Ran mine 90 to 110 all day long across the desert out west, not recommended but was riding hard.