IGNORED

Turn signal issue

Spg007

I stopped off for some gas. Got back on the bike turned it on, and all of a sudden my left turn signal was on. I go to turn it off it does not turn off. I go to switch it over to the right turn signal it stays on the left turn signal. I shut my golf restart it, same thing. The left turn signal stays on and will not switch over to the right turn signal or shut off. Any suggestions or thoughts on what it could be?

So by chance was it a left turn into the gas station? I'm thinking the switch contacts are "stuck". If you take it apart be fore warned there is tiny parts in there that can jump out.

I am incline to agree with djh3, the likely cause could be the handlebar switch it may just need a good cleaning due to a build up of corrosion and wear metal in the swich. You might accomplish this by spraying with WD 40, contact cleaner or my personal favorite ACF-50, by shoving the straw into were ever you can and give it a good flushing spray. If that doesn't solve it then then pull the switch apart (put the bike on an old carpet or thick blanket so if any of the small piece drop out they wont bounce over into you neighbors uncut lawn. Watch for little springy thingy's that love any opportunity to launch into orbit. you may find a build up of crud or even a broken piece that is causing your  problem.

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Pro procrastinator said:

I live by the when in doubt wack it with a stick mantra. Lightly of course

Mmmmm:whistling: That used to be our standard repair technique when drivers brought their trailers into the shop with light faults and they had to get going. we used a tad more force behind our strikes though. :innocent-emoticon:

• Haha 1