IGNORED

I finally got to ride...

Steve S

I bought the RSV 10 days ago knowing it needed new tires before I could ride it. BUT I didn't relize it would be 12 days before I would have time to get on it.  Since it had been 10 years since I had been on an RSV I wanted safety gear before I rode again. I have ridden other smaller bikes like my buddy's Road Star, but not often or far.

I got the bike back from new tires on Wednesday, new helmet came in Thursday and new coat Friday.  Saturday I checked the bike out real good, added a back rest, got geared up and hit the road slowly and carefully.  To say it was a wonderful experience would be a vast understatement.  I chose out of the way 2 lane roads for 95% of my riding, I needed fuel and food that took a 4 lane,  and only had one close call with a truck that felt he need 90% of the road for his oversize tires and loud pipes.

I put 135 miles on it in about 5 hours and stopped and visited with my BFF for a few minutes.  She wanted to see the bike so she might feel better about me riding again.   

I love riding again and am looking forward to getting back in the groove so I can start taking trips out west.  

Thanks for listening to my rambling.

Steve 

Edited by Steve S
  • Like 2