IGNORED

Just got kicked off Facebook Venture Group

Du-Rron

I personally like paying the $12.  Keeps the riffraff out.  (Somehow I made the cut 🤫). What I don’t see here that I see in just about every free car forum out there is endless bashing of ideas or questions.  I don’t have to sift through 50 -100 posts looking for the three that may help me.  I don’t see discouragement.  I see genuine honest people with similar interests having a good time.

• Like 5

If I am not mistaken I think I know who the guy is. I ran into him one time while out riding and noticing he rode a venture I struck up what i intended to be a friendly conversation. It went fine until I mentioned Venture rider,, Man did I start getting an ear full and could not get out of there fast enough. I guess he was a member while we were a free member ship and I do remember chatting with him on the site a few times and for all intents and purposes he was an OK guy. But I guess he took a real offense when the dues were implemented and had no problem laying a supersize rant on me. I have since learned he has not let up and continues to bash Venture Rider when ever and were ever he can.

Me I rather pay the $12.00 than put up with a bunch of advertising plus Don puts a lot of work into this site to keep things going as smoothly as possible.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 8

Yes when he ranted at me that day I met him He had plenty to say about Don that was not exactly flattering and how the rest of us were a bunch of suckers. That's when I told him I that I strongly disagreed with him and was more than happy to pay my annual dues, then turned and walked out. I saw no point in standing there in the middle of Tim Horton's having a strong discussion with someone it was obvious could not be reasoned with.

What gets me is this was so many years ago and to hear today that he is still carrying on about this blows my mind.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Sad 1

This thread has piqued my interest. I've been wondering of the 4 FB Sites for our Bikes, one day 1 of them disappeared from my group Shortcuts. Figured out it was Yamaha Royal Star.
I simply reapplied and was accepted, tho' I then raised  a query in a post that got no real answer. There was no trace of my old membership, no posts by me in Search. No explanation, nothing.
Had I unwittingly made a reference to ventureriders.org and got cancelled without a single word??
Is this the home of the guilty party, maybe?

Edited by PreachJohn

Sonny Ruttan and I had a run in about the same time as he set up his facebook page as "an Alternative to VR" and he got all bent out of shape that I would even mention VR on "his" page.    I got booted then but somehow I got invited back. ???   I don't interact on the page i just read posts now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, friesman said:

Sonny Ruttan and I had a run in about the same time as he set up his facebook page as "an Alternative to VR" and he got all bent out of shape that I would even mention VR on "his" page.    I got booted then but somehow I got invited back. ???   I don't interact on the page i just read posts now.

He sent me PMs for days.... basically calling me out from the other side of the continent.  I think he may have banned me from his page but I don't think I miss him.

• Haha 1

Sonny Rattan has been a pos that kicked several members off his page for the slightest mention of this group. and as the admin of about 9 of the royal star fb groups, please dont lump them all into the jass acks fan group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/13/2021 at 10:21 PM, RDawson said:

Heck with him, I’m still trying to figure out how my $12 has gotten so expensive. Between mods, maintenance, and rallies this place cost me a fortune. 🤣🤣🤣

No one said just cause yu paid the $12 bucks that ya had to go gettin and swallerin advice from the rest of us crazies

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, saddlebum said:

No one said just cause yu paid the $12 bucks that ya had to go gettin and swallerin advice from the rest of us crazies

But I’m young and impressionable. Gave in to peer pressure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3