IGNORED

2008 GL1800 trunk removal

Trying to get to the wiring harness that would be behind the license plate. Have a Motor Trike kit on the bike and see no other way to get to the harness to install the adaptor harness for the trailer wires. Seems like these trike kits would have some strategically placed access panels. Been working on the trailer lights all weekend with not much positive to show for it. Have a 6 pin round connector already mounted on the bike but doesn't want to give me all the functions with a 6 pin to flat 4 adaptor. thought maybe we might have some trike riders out there that ran into the same issue. I will admit up front wiring is not one of my better  know how to's.

I have ordered a new 5 to 4 converter for the original 5 wire harness already on the bike to see if that fixes the problems with the trailer lights not working correctly. Should be here Tuesday. Really don't want to get into removing the trunk as I understand that is a bit involved. I do appreciate all the input I've received from both forums. Would be nice to have a Wing mechanic here local. The local motorcycle shops don't seem to want to work on the older Goldwings so I rely on these forums for how to's and advice.