IGNORED

New To The Big Bike Scene

I just bought my first 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale XVZ1300D here in Ohio, for those who want to know I paid $550.00 delivered. I am a noob in the big bike scene, I currently own a 96 Sporty and have modded and done all I could to that, time to move on to bigger things. I bought it from a guy who has owned it for over 20 years and the last time it was on the road was about a year ago due to over heating problem. Like many others he just didn't have anymore time to mess with it and bought something newer. She turns over fine but over heats within a few minutes. He also gave me a service manual and original brown plastic parts, I know I will be reading plenty of that manual I am glad I found this site and have been reading here a lot already, good info for sure, thank you all.

7f041c8307ffd5e54c2b5f4584174cfb005eb015-1.jpg

55f295b7a23dface22660e3879ea31d2a5dff181-1.jpg

Welcome to the circus. You’re in the right place to keep her on the road. The water pump or thermostat is usually the overheat issue but also check the bypass at the bottom of the radiator to make sure it’s turned in the right direction. 

• Like 2

Welcome! Running lean, torn/holed carb diaphrams, being out of sync and/or not running on all four can also attribute to running hot but as mentioned, making sure the water cooling aspect of the bike is fully functional is job 1 imho too.  Either way, you definitely come to the right place for hammering out what ever is troubling that gorgeous old scoot!! Congrats on the awesome find for an awesome $$$!! You did good @DrasticScars,,, REAL GOOD!!

Currently waiting on new battery, the battery of course is shot and only got it started for less than a minute to make sure it turned over which it did no problem, for now checking and cleaning what I can on her. Thank you all for the advice.

• Like 1