IGNORED

West KY Rally 2022

RDawson

On 4/30/2022 at 9:52 AM, saddlebum said:

I was looking forward to it but unfortunately I can.t trust my knee right now to stand up to such a trip and having been off work for the past 2 and half years fuel costs are somewhat prohibitive right now.

If Carl is going I'm sure he won't mind you being a passenger.  I know you two are "close".

• Haha 2

Kenlake State Park has two entrances. You want to enter the East entrance, you can see the bridge from there. Go thru the stop sign and take the first left, dead ends at the Lake View Shelter. If you’re coming west on 80 it’ll be the first left after Ky Lake bridge. Going east on 80 turn right when you see the bridge. 
My # (270) 293-2845. 

I hope everyone out is having a good start on the 2022 riding season  ...Here in Manitoba we have had record amounts of cold , snow and rain , which makes for very slow start on the 2022 riding season for us 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, larrydr said:

I hope everyone out is having a good start on the 2022 riding season  ...Here in Manitoba we have had record amounts of cold , snow and rain , which makes for very slow start on the 2022 riding season for us 

Snow???  Keep that stuff up north. It’ll be close to 90* here today. 

13 hours ago, RDawson said:

Snow???  Keep that stuff up north. It’ll be close to 90* here today. 

This morning we had snow for for a short while before the sun came out ...Everyone here is waiting for the spring start ..Farmers are concerned about not being able to seed crops and if they are able too , it would have to be a crop able to mature in a short going season ...

Quick,, keep an eye out on Robin, if Bob is gone there is just holding her back from anything, and Debbie will be sneaking around as though nothing un-towards is happening. There's trouble at Kenlake I tell ya.

Now for Joe and Bob,, now worries,, neither have any idea on where they might be going or how to get back on their own. I will keep an eye out for them and if they show up here I will put them to work.

It’s a wrap. Small turnout but had a great time. Dave Hannigan led the tour of the trike shop, did some riding, saw a little history of the area, lots of eating, and tons of visiting and laughing. It was pretty windy but good weather until rain Saturday evening when we just sat in the pavilion and talked. It was good to catch up some since it’s been two years. Thanks to all that attended and hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. With retirement around the corner I’ll have time to plan next year a little bigger and maybe a few days longer if interest and attendance warrants it. 
I didn’t take pictures so hopefully y’all will share yours. 
Safe Travels home. 

Edited by RDawson
  • Like 2

A big Thankyou to Ron and his wife not sure how it's  spelled. We had a great time. Just got home not a bad trip home. Was a fun time catching up with everyone and got some nice rides in. And of course as usual plenty of good food. We even had some ice cream. Definitely a place we would like to explore more lots to see. Thanks Ron for a great time.

Joe and Debbie

• Like 2