IGNORED

West KY Rally 2022

RDawson

• 1 month later...

Sorry I’ve been AWOL. When I took my new position in November I had no idea what was coming. Overtime went through the roof ( I’m scheduled 108 hours this week), the famous Dec 10th tornado in our area,  we experienced the first passing of one of our firefighters, you name it, it has gone south in the last few months. Been on the road a lot with my daughter graduating med school and trying to help her buy a place in Florida for her first real full time job as an ER /Trauma doctor. 

Enough whining on my part. The rally is moving forward, the venue rented, and plans being made. I’m working on a new Saturday supper ride destination, the restaurant burned down recently. (Not in our town so you can’t blame me). 

Going to Hannigan’s tomorrow to schedule a visit/tour for those interested. 
There is a block of rooms at Kenlake Lodge under the VR name. 

• Thanks 1

Ron sounds like your a very busy man. I thought you were getting close to retirement. Sounds like it's gonna be a good time. Can't  wait. how is the storm recovery coming along hope everyone around you is getting back to normal. 

Joe

9 minutes ago, NSA Joe said:

Ron sounds like your a very busy man. I thought you were getting close to retirement. Sounds like it's gonna be a good time. Can't  wait. how is the storm recovery coming along hope everyone around you is getting back to normal. 

Joe

Retirement plans were delayed a bit. Was planning for Dec 31st but with the year we’ve had I pushed it back to July 31. Terminally unemployed 8/1/2022. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2022 at 8:30 PM, RDawson said:

Anybody interested in seeing the lake area or doing a little fishing I can have my fishing boat and hopefully the pontoon there. The pontoon is getting refitted now but should be ready. 

Love to if I can get away. Ma & Dad and many family members lived on Kentucky Lake in Springville for many years.  Love that area, nice size Crappies.  Almost every Easter my brothers an I would come down, spending time, miss those good old days.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uncledj said:

I thought YOU WERE the Hoodlum.....

Episode 7 Movie GIF by Star Wars

I may have been at one time but there are others who have learned from me and now outshine me. We keep them south of the 49th. Sometimes they need some fine tuning and left or right correction, and who better to guide and direct them than an old experienced veteran of the club. Hopefully @saddlebum can make it.

Anyone camping?

They have campsites open right next to the lake with electric and water.

Definitely interested in the fishing part...LOL!

Dang! have to be in Jacksonville, fla the 12th - 14th of may.  Not going to be able to make it... 

Edited by Joe in WV
added to comment...