IGNORED

West KY Rally 2022

RDawson

I’ve been kicking around the idea of hosting a get together for a couple years, the hold up is there aren’t many members in the area. I’m  posting the idea to try to gauge interest in the idea. NSA Joe n Debbie came in to Hannigans this week and we rode some and kicked the idea around. 
I’m looking at Kenlake State Park on KY Lake, the largest man made lake in the Eastern US. Plenty of camping, cabins, lodge onsite, and nearby accommodations. Just across the bridge is Land Between the Lakes national wildlife refuge and good riding. 
There is also lodging in nearby Aurora with motels and fishing cabins for lower priced rooms. 5-10 minutes away. 
Timing would probably be late May or early June to beat the heat and humidity of summer here. 
Please give me some feedback to see if we can get enough people to make it a go. 

Kenlake is a 20 minute ride from Murray with stores, supplies, etc. 

Edited by RDawson
  • Like 3

We have had a saying here at VRO, plan it, and they will come. Give plenty of notice on the date so folks can work their schedules. If 1 other rider shows up, it's a success 👍

Edited by Squidley
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Squidley said:

We have had a saying here at VRO, plan it, and they will come. Give plenty of notice on the date so folks can work their schedules. If 1 other rider shows up, it's a success 👍

How did I know you were going to say that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I ride almost 800 miles to the WNY rally, 550 to Freebird’s, and trying to fit Vogel in my schedule at 350 miles. I don’t know how many can/will travel this far. If we can get the turnout it can be anything from an MD type thing at my place to a rally. Lots of good riding here for short rides or long, we can plan a tour of the Hannigan factory, or just sit around and eat and tell stories (assuming the border is open). TN highway 232 (West TN Dragon) is 30 minutes away.  Ky lake is well known for bass and crappie fishing, 20-30lb catfish caught regularly with occasional up to 80 lb. May/June cats are biting from the bank.  Civil war fort and history nearby. 

Edited by RDawson
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ragtop69gs said:

Sounds like fun. I'll give it an early yes. Been in the area before and wouldn't mind going back. 

Not to far from there this weekend, we're in Paris, TN helping B2Dad celebrate his 75th birthday this weekend.

Paris is only 30 minutes away from us. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ragtop69gs said:

Sounds like fun. I'll give it an early yes. Been in the area before and wouldn't mind going back. 

Not to far from there this weekend, we're in Paris, TN helping B2Dad celebrate his 75th birthday this weekend.

Tell B2Dad happy birthday from us. Good to hear that he is getting older.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 8:52 AM, RDawson said:

I’ve been kicking around the idea of hosting a get together for a couple years, the hold up is there aren’t many members in the area. I’m  posting the idea to try to gauge interest in the idea. NSA Joe n Debbie came in to Hannigans this week and we rode some and kicked the idea around. 
I’m looking at Kenlake State Park on KY Lake, the largest man made lake in the Eastern US. Plenty of camping, cabins, lodge onsite, and nearby accommodations. Just across the bridge is Land Between the Lakes national wildlife refuge and good riding. 
There is also lodging in nearby Aurora with motels and fishing cabins for lower priced rooms. 5-10 minutes away. 
Timing would probably be late May or early June to beat the heat and humidity of summer here. 
Please give me some feedback to see if we can get enough people to make it a go. 

Kenlake is a 20 minute ride from Murray with stores, supplies, etc. 

definitely interested.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Freebird said:

No plans for a MD this year.  We truly plan to kick it off again next year.  I would like to make the one in Kentucky if the dates work out.  Just can't promise at this time.

This is for 2022. School ends late May so the first weekend in June is what I’m thinking if it doesn’t mess you up for MD. I plan to make it to MD too. Late June, July, and August here are very hot and humid so they’re out. 

Edited by RDawson
  • Like 3