IGNORED

New OLD member.

Steve S

Hello Venture Riders.

I am Steve Stewart and was a Venture Rider until april of 2011 when I had a wreck that totaled my 04 Venture.  After I recovered from the accident I did not get back into riding.  It was my second accident that involved head injuries and I decided I didn't want to run the risk of another.  Also I have 2 sisters that are RNs and they stated if I ever got on another motorcycle they would strip the meat off my bones with tweezers before they boiled them. So for the last 10 years I have suffered life without a motocycle.

Several things have changed in my life and I have bought a 2010 RSV that I am going to pick up Monday.  I hope to be outfitted with good gear and back on the road in a couple of weeks.  And NO, I haven't told my sisters yet.  One I will not tell because she is in Hospice care and the other I will tell soon.  I pray she will understand that my passion for riding is worth the risk of an accident.  

I am looking forward to riding and meeting some of the Venture Riders again.  I made it to a campout back in 09 or 10 that I remember very well.  Maybe another one can happen after the Covid wears down.  

My thanks to Freebird for keeping this site open and going.

Steve Stewart

• Like 6

Welcome back Steve, know what you went thru, mine was just an 8 point buck I gave a ride to. Quit takin' the prozac the doc stuck me on  a couple yrs ago, now gettin' my brain back into wanting to ride more. Good luck in getting your riding legs back under ya!

• Like 2

Glad you’re back in the saddle again!  As Gene Autry or Aerosmith would say.  Do yourself a favor, tuck away any pride and take an MSF course.  I took a five year hiatus between business travel and moving but got back into it again last year.  Dusting off my old steed and buying my Venture, I took an experienced rider course and was very thankful, it’s amazing what you forget.  Might even get you some reprieve from the sisters 😀

Edited by Pasta Burner
  • Like 1

Glad your back. I think we all understand that 2 wheel draw on the spirit..and sounds like God has Blessed for a reason.

Prayers you wear your leather when you talk to that sister and prayers for the other. I'm up in Shelby Co.

• Like 1