IGNORED

Front and rear wheel removal -- Level of Difficulty

7 hours ago, vulcanb822 said:

Marcari,  just saw your message to bleed it.  What is the process to bleed it?

Not everybody will agree with me, fact is I expect some large??, but here goes.

Clean out the master, clean out the master but do not push or pull on the handle in the process. Once clean, add some fresh brake fluid from a new can, maybe about 3/4 full. Lay the sealing boot on top of the reservoir to prevent fluid from shooting up and making a mess of things that are pretty. Now open the bleeder screw at the slave cylinder after attaching a hose that will go up and then down into a drain container. Only open the bleeder screw far enough to let the fluid come through, so maybe 1/2 turn.Fluid should start to ease out. You can help that along with quick pumps on the master cylinder, but don't let the reservoir run out of fluid. When you see clear fluid come through the hose (BTW it should be a clear hose) it is time to close the bleeder. Check the fluid level in the reservoir. Now squeeze the handle to see if you have back pressure. If you do and the clutch is working, you could be good to go. If it's still limp or somewhat limp, squeeze the handle a couple of quick times and then while holding it in open the bleeder screw, fluid should come out and maybe some air. Continue doing this until there is no more air coming out for at least 3 sessions. If you still don't have a good feel on the handle, let it sit for an hour or two. Then with the handle bars turned to the right and the master cylinder at it's highest attainable spot, open the reservoir to make sure there is enough fluid and then wiggle the handle a bit (not much, just so the piston moves) while at the same time tapping the banjo bolt with the handle of a screwdriver. You might see some tiny air bubbles coming up into the reservoir. Maybe now you're done,, if not, ask some more.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally success!!!  I was able to bleed the clutch and finally able to take the bike for a spin around the block.  I never thought changing the tires would take me this long but I learned a great deal about the bike in the process.  Thanks to everyone for all the help. 

• Like 2