IGNORED

Need a fair idea of value - parts

Hi All 

I am getting rid of my parts bikes and I have somebody interested in the two bags, crash bars and the dashboard off of my 87 .. I want to  be fair, but all the $$$ goes to my bike fund for maintenance etc.  What would be a fair amount for these items ??  ( Dove not included ) 

IMG_7494.jpg

IMG_7496.jpg

IMG_7498.jpg

Something to keep in mind is that you either want the bike or you don't. If you want to keep it for future needs, the price is higher, if it's time to send it away,,,, get ride of it, 'clean the place up' and live happier. If you are thinking this could be a fund raiser, it might help but should not be the end goal. IMHO.

Thank you for the input...... All I want is both...lol... not looking at any get rich quick scheme and in the Get rid of the "stuff"  and put some money into my bike fund for future tires, maintenance etc. I would rather all this go on some bikes to keep them all going, I also have $$ invested in rescuing these bikes from the scrap yards. Again, the $$ goes into my bike. Thanks for the insight ..   Also I have 2  full sets of matching keys/ bag locks/gas cap/ignition .. Again looking for a fair price ... 

FYI.. I have "given away" more part then ever sold off of these bikes only asking for actual shipping costs ( which most have covered, some didn't) 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KIC said:

Thank you for the input...... All I want is both...lol... not looking at any get rich quick scheme and in the Get rid of the "stuff"  and put some money into my bike fund for future tires, maintenance etc. I would rather all this go on some bikes to keep them all going, I also have $$ invested in rescuing these bikes from the scrap yards. Again, the $$ goes into my bike. Thanks for the insight ..   Also I have 2  full sets of matching keys/ bag locks/gas cap/ignition .. Again looking for a fair price ... 

FYI.. I have "given away" more part then ever sold off of these bikes only asking for actual shipping costs ( which most have covered, some didn't) 

Right there with you @KIC.  I have followed that exact path and have found that journey to be downright fun. I actually have pretty much sent off enough pieces/parts free of charge to areas all over the globe that I figure I have a whole bike out there roaming around somewhere, still accumulating miles of smiles.. A huge success too is that I got to help out a brother or sister in the process, paying it forward has some real enriching blessings.  It is interesting though, considering actual value, my tired old has been brain went right where @Squidley's brain went. My initial thought was $125 per complete side bag. I think that is a fair price for both parties. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KIC said:

PUC you ol' mile buster, how are you  ? Long time no  chat. 

Been doing pretty fairly well Kicster, hanging in there so to speak. The wife had both eyes cut on for cataracts and had one of those fail and had to have a redo and we are about 2 weeks away from seeing her back on her feet. With summer coming, new E-Bikes to play on, Tweeks ready to roll and grand kids out in California waiting for me to come play with them it looks like we are headed for a premo summer... How bout yourself brother? Hows life?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 4/27/2021 at 4:52 PM, cowpuc said:

Been doing pretty fairly well Kicster, hanging in there so to speak. The wife had both eyes cut on for cataracts and had one of those fail and had to have a redo and we are about 2 weeks away from seeing her back on her feet. With summer coming, new E-Bikes to play on, Tweeks ready to roll and grand kids out in California waiting for me to come play with them it looks like we are headed for a premo summer... How bout yourself brother? Hows life?

Hugs to Tip. Prayers up for great healing outcome! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, videoarizona said:

Hugs to Tip. Prayers up for great healing outcome! 

Tip says hugs right back at you ya varmint and thank you for the well wishes and prayers up too!! I do too and hope all is well in your desert retreat brother..