IGNORED

SVTC Stalling Headed To Shop

Two days ago, my SVTC stalled twice a few turns before I reach home base.   Not sure why...luckily it did not happen along the interstate.  Upon further investigation, I hear gargling sounds right before I start it up.  Today, it is headed to the shop for troubleshooting... I am leaning towards a fuel pump.  Nice to know the bike is under warranty.   Had to use ERA to get it towed.

A0CD0BDF-6CFC-4396-AEF6-AFE5FD63A0D4.jpeg

9B5877ED-4F7E-4318-A2DD-083D1EE5B60D.jpeg

2E02FA47-BB95-44BD-94C3-741A700AE23A.jpeg

17 hours ago, ChiefGunner said:

Bummer dude! Hope you’re back in the saddle again soon.  Sadly the ONLY way that’s going to happen is if no parts are needed for the repair. I’ve been waiting 45 days just to get a replacement right side mirror!!

Wow.  45 days is really too long to be waiting for a bike to get done.  I hope yours is not going to take much longer.  As for my SVTC, I expect to get a call from the shop by Monday to tell me what they find out.  They said since the bike is already in the shop, they can also do the brake switch recall at the same time.  The weather should be perfect riding days next week.  At least I still have my very reliable '07 RSV and she'll keep me company all week long.  I'll keep you guys posted. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, SpencerPJ said:

Good luck, hope they get it repaired quickly.  Pretty big ordeal imo, should have just sent it strait to the Dealer, hindsight is always 20/20.  

Same here SpencerPJ.  I know things like these happens, but I am very thankful she did not leave me stranded on the side of the road.  

• Like 1

I finally got my SVTC back.  Shop said they could not replicate what I have observed 'stalling'.  I even sent them a video of the incident as I tried to do it from the garage before I got it towed and it never acted back up again.  This morning, I went to pick it up and rode it back home for at least 20 miles with no problems at all.  I was told to simply keep an eye on the situation, because the shop could not replace anything under warranty unless the bike part is not functioning at all.  As a consolation, they were able to replace my brake switch as part of the recall.  Ride On folks and keep the shiny side up.  :beer:

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 11:04 AM, dragonstorm said:

@dragonstorm It is a Utopia backrest, if I am not mistaken.  Freebird (Don) installed it before I bought the bike from him.  It makes the ride a lot more comfy.  I really wish my '07 also has a backrest just like that.  https://www.utpr.com/svt.html  HIghly recommended.  

On 5/1/2021 at 11:04 AM, dragonstorm said:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to report...so far so good.  I rode at least 7 times now after I picked it up from the shop 2 weeks ago. The stalling problem just disappeared with no reason at all.  Keep the shiny side up and ride safe. 

• Like 2