IGNORED

Brake pads

Bobcat54s

Evening everyone, I’m putting new tires on the venture and noticed it’s time to change rear pads. What’s everyone using? Organic, semi-metallic, sintered? Rocky Mountain only has organic and sintered. I appreciate the input....

Yeah, the RSV rear brake is too effective in my opinion, possibly causing the rider ot lock up the rear wheel in a panic stop.  Organic pads might be just what they need.  Those sintered pads will eat up the rotors the quickest.  Ceramic pads provide decent braking while taking it easy on the rotors.  When I replace my rear pads on my RSV they will be ceramic or organic.  My 2 cents.

35 minutes ago, BlueSky said:

Yeah, the RSV rear brake is too effective in my opinion, possibly causing the rider ot lock up the rear wheel in a panic stop.  Organic pads might be just what they need.  Those sintered pads will eat up the rotors the quickest.  Ceramic pads provide decent braking while taking it easy on the rotors.  When I replace my rear pads on my RSV they will be ceramic or organic.  My 2 cents.

I agree I would rather replace my  more often then wear down my rotors.

I always use organics cause I love their feel and appreciate the less wear on my rotors. I also carry xtra pads in Tweeks Maintenance Dept when traveling just in case I need to swap em out on the road. l also clean the caliper pistons every time I spoon on tires which gives Tweeks excellent braking performance, protects against having sticky calipers and results in never ever needing to rebuild calipers.  Here is a vid on how I do a simple clean up of the calipers: 

• Like 3