IGNORED

New Stator came in, got a start on install. Test your knowledge, can you spot my boo boo?

cowpuc

Our weather has been just starting to warm to the point of actually allowing for prepping Tweeks for the upcoming summer without my fingers freezing to metal surfaces anytime I touch them and Tip is almost done healing from recent cataract surgery so I thought I would take a few minutes and begin the Stator install process.  In the process of the install I did keep getting interrupted by neighbors showing off the new E-Bikes so I was doubly cautious about making sure I had everything ready to roll before completing the project. After removing the old stator that had gone to ground, installing the new stator in the case cover, cleaning up surfaces, reinstalling the starter drive gears in the correct positions I took one last glance at my work and noticed an opppsssy.. This is test,, can you see what I saw that I did wrong?  

DSCN9159.JPG

DSCN9160.JPG

DSCN9161.JPG

DSCN9162.JPG

DSCN9163.JPG

DSCN9164.JPG

Aren't the wires supposed be UNDER the protection plate instead of next to it?

What is the purpose of that white tie wrap holding just one turn of the winding away from the rest of the coil. That sure looks like a wire that will want to overheat by no being in contact with any sort of heat sink or epoxied into the rest of the windings.

If ya spent more time in chat we could have schooled ya properly.

Edited by Flyinfool
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Marcarl said:

Wire set isn't under the foot where it belongs.

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!!!!! ATTA BOY CARL!!!!! Yep,,, went to button her up and noticed my, could have been catastrophic boo boo. That will teach me to, especially at my age, get distracted when doing a job even as simple and straight forward as a stator replacement.. Telling you guys,, things get complicated when get into grandpaville.. GOOD EYE @Marcarl!!

1 hour ago, Squidley said:

Was that the Texas stator Puc?

I just stepped out into the garage and snapped these just for you Squid!!!  ONLY THE DOCTOR WHO DID THE JOB AND SIGNED HIS WORK KNOWS!!!! That burned out stator that I replaced with the new one is, indeed, the stator that you lovingly provided/installed for us down in Texas my precious Texas Hero @Squidley!! Sure hope this aftermarket stator serves as well as that Texas Stator did my brother, my money is on it wont happen,,, LOVE always wins!! 

DSCN9165.JPG

DSCN9166.JPG

DSCN9167.JPG

Edited by cowpuc
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Pasta Burner said:

It’s upside down and there appears to be a zip tie in there.

42 minutes ago, Flyinfool said:

Aren't the wires supposed be UNDER the protection plate instead of next to it?

What is the purpose of that white tie wrap holding just one turn of the winding away from the rest of the coil. That sure looks like a wire that will want to overheat by no being in contact with any sort of heat sink or epoxied into the rest of the windings.

If ya spent more time in chat we could have schooled ya properly.

Hey you lop eared varmints,,, its a $50 Ebay special,,, you didnt really expect the kid putting them together in his garage to triple dip in the laminate coating to insulate the coils when he could skip to steps by holding them apart with zip ties did you!! LOL

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, cowpuc said:

I just stepped out into the garage and snapped these just for you Squid!!!  ONLY THE DOCTOR WHO DID THE JOB AND SIGNED HIS WORK KNOWS!!!! That burned out stator that I replaced with the new one is, indeed, the stator that you lovingly provided/installed for us down in Texas my precious Texas Hero @Squidley!! Sure hope this aftermarket stator serves as well as that Texas Stator did my brother, my money is on it wont happen,,, LOVE always wins!! 

DSCN9165.JPG

DSCN9166.JPG

DSCN9167.JPG

That song just put a huge smile on my face brother 😁

You're a brother that's easy to love, have a great day my friend! 🌞

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ragtop69gs said:

I spotted it right away,  you forgot to put a sticker on it!

6 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Good eyes!!! How did you come up with that idea, I would have never thought.

Elementary,  it was the only spot on the bike that was without a sticker. :detective:

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1