IGNORED

Just kickin tires

Pro procrastinator

15 minutes ago, Pro procrastinator said:

Was looking on kijjiji and saw a 98 vulcan classic 800 with wire spoke wheels and padded sissy bar for 2800 cdn. Has anybody owned one of these bikes? Im kinda thinking of getting it for my son. Just wondered what you guys thought of that bike and if theres anything to look out for. 

Thanks.

I friend of mine  bought one new in 2018 .. Then in  fall 2020 he mentioned to me that engine on the Boulevard has a problem The shop was not sure what real problem was ..They called him a week later and said that they had found the problem and it would be a $1400.00 repair ..They replaced all moving parts in the engine ...

6 hours ago, Pro procrastinator said:

Was looking on kijjiji and saw a 98 vulcan classic 800 with wire spoke wheels and padded sissy bar for 2800 cdn. Has anybody owned one of these bikes? Im kinda thinking of getting it for my son. Just wondered what you guys thought of that bike and if theres anything to look out for. 

Thanks.

A neighbor of mine owned one of these and loved it.  I rode it once and it felt like more than 800cc, real nice pull.  Kawi's are good dependable bikes (the Boulevard that is referenced elsewhere is a different bike from a different manufacturer).

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 5:11 AM, Pro procrastinator said:

Thanks.

I've had one, great bike plenty of pull and looks the part.

Its fun to rip around in town with. Tops out around 120 kms or so depending on the wind. Its sized like a 650 with a good sized tank and it pulls well for a 250 with a descent sounding exhaust. Riding it it feels like an older 250 ninja and we put a pro taper bar on it after bending the stock one, that raised the bar an inch or so. Im 5,10 and find the ride position good for about an hour or two but my son is taller and finds it bothers his knees on longer runs.

Good beginner bike and fun to hop on and burn through some corners.  It came with the full sport bike fairings but the previous owner has scrapped those and built his own tail assembly. We've played around with the lights and a few other things. Original parts can be hard to find even from hyosung.