IGNORED

99 Venture buy

Motoboy51

Price is right if the info is honest, but be ready to do some work on it. Not all wrenches do an admirable job, some even call cleaning and polishing 'maintenance". So get some salt, a case of beer and some interested party(s) to assist. Now you already have the interested party, get the beer.

Bottom line is if you're looking at it for resale, I would pass. You're going to have a lot of work changing an engine and that will negate a quick turn with good profit. If you're looking to have a full touring bike to enjoy, and you have the spare time to put into it, I'd say git after it. 

That bike would be an interesting rainy day project if your comfortable with doing the work and have the space and tools. Extra hands would make it easier moving those engines around as well. Resale value won't be fantastic but talk them down on their price and you could do alright down the road. I wouldn't be scared of buying a bike like that.

I don't see anything in those pics that would scare me away, especially the freckling on the visors. They're removeable and not necessary, so there's no reason to even worry about them. The only piece(s) I'd be concerned about are the the fork shrouds, but some Nevr-Dull and a bit of #0000 steel wool would probably take care of most (if not all) of that.

Went and looked at bike lit has all the goodies and is in nice shape, no dents just some nicks here and there. 
extra motor is a match. I offered 1,300 not a penny more. Everything is there to make it run again but it’s is a project. 

• Like 2

Dont know if its been mentioned or not but be advised, the 99's were prone to rear shock failure. Upgrades are still available I am sure but probably pricey. Another option is one of our member rebuilds them but either way it does at to the labor looking forward. Maybe a quick check under it to see,, possibly someone has already put the $$ into an after market shock.. That would be cool and definitely add to its overall value if they did.. Also,, did you happen to notice if it has a center stand? If so, and if its a Rivco,, there is another pricey little add on...

Thanks for the info it does have a center stand not sure what brand, and trailer hitch . We’re hitches stock? I got him to accept 1,350 I am thinking about doing it. The ventures have a lot of goodies . I don’t now if they were stock, leather for tank and trunk, chrome trim for front fender and around rear bags. It will be work replacing motor, but the fact that it comes with a motor ready to drop in is a plus. That’s a lot of bike for 1,350

Edited by Motoboy51
Spelling
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Motoboy51 said:

Thanks for the info it does have a center stand not sure what brand, and trailer hitch . We’re hitches stock? I got him to accept 1,350 I am thinking about doing it. The ventures have a lot of goodies . I don’t now if they were stock, leather for tank and trunk, chrome trim for front fender and around rear bags. It will be work replacing motor, but the fact that it comes with a motor ready to drop in is a plus. That’s a lot of bike for 1,350

No, hitches were not a stock item on them.. I know lots of varmints in the club that added them and were very happy with the outcome of adding one..