IGNORED

WHEN WE REACH THE YEARS WHEN WE APPRECIATE EACH DAY WE AWAKE

larrydr

When get to the years when we realize that each day is a gift .

Sometime life throws us a real curve ball .

I had heart attack in 2019 and I did recover quite well .

Was taken to the hospital last week  and got some news that no one wants to hear  .

I am back to where I was in 2019 , and that my heart has a nasty Arrhythmia , and getting a implanted device .

The 2 words I heard loud and clear were ..no driving...no riding .

To all out there ride safe ...keep it between the lines and the rubber side down

Edited by larrydr

Marca had to have a new valve put in her heart in Dec and now the Dr wants more tests. It sure makes one think about what happens next and when. There's no time like the present to plan the future. For her and me, we are quite alright with what's been offered.

• Like 1

This is why I'm trying really hard to lose weight and exercise more.  Losing weight improves all health problems it seems.  At 77 I guess I beat the odds already and I hope to be able to enjoy my remaining time, not just survive.  I have 3 stents, severe right hip arthritis, enlarged prostate, and beginning cataracts.  The cardiologist told me that my 3 heart arteries were almost evenly plugged up all the way down to the capillaries making a bypass almost useless.  Those 3 stents and medication are helping though.  I'm taking finesteride to shrink the prostate and it's working but it has nasty side effects since it messes with the hormones.  I'm taking Turmeric and Glucosamine Chondroitin for the arthritis.  I'm sure the Turmeric is helping. Not as sure about the GC.  I'm taking Zetia to reduce my cholesterol and that seems to be working.  But it after a while makes my arthritis worse that same as statins did in my case.  That's why I'm not taking statins.  I can still do about anything I want to but have to go a little slower.  You have to be tough to get old I suppose.  

2 hours ago, uncledj said:

My thoughts and prayers are with you....for that matter, they're with all you old timers...lol

I'm right behind ya...lookin' at the big 60...yikes !!!

60 is the new 40!  When I was 59 I got married for the second time to a 42 yr old lady with an 11 yr old son.  Retired at 70.  Things started going downhill at about 74 when I got shingles and had to quit exercising for a good while.  Trust me, you don't want to get shingles.  It took about a year to fully recover from that crap.  And take statins if you can tolerate them to keep your cholesterol low.  I didn't.  Big mistake.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BlueSky said:

This is why I'm trying really hard to lose weight and exercise more.  Losing weight improves all health problems it seems.  At 77 I guess I beat the odds already and I hope to be able to enjoy my remaining time, not just survive.  I have 3 stents, severe right hip arthritis, enlarged prostate, and beginning cataracts.  The cardiologist told me that my 3 heart arteries were almost evenly plugged up all the way down to the capillaries making a bypass almost useless.  Those 3 stents and medication are helping though.  I'm taking finesteride to shrink the prostate and it's working but it has nasty side effects since it messes with the hormones.  I'm taking Turmeric and Glucosamine Chondroitin for the arthritis.  I'm sure the Turmeric is helping. Not as sure about the GC.  I'm taking Zetia to reduce my cholesterol and that seems to be working.  But it after a while makes my arthritis worse that same as statins did in my case.  That's why I'm not taking statins.  I can still do about anything I want to but have to go a little slower.  You have to be tough to get old I suppose.  

I've been told that getting old is not for wussies.  I plan to find out.  I'm 52 and turning 50 was a wake up call to take better care of myself.  Cycling, working out and an occasional jog are part of my regimen now along with intermittent fasting, eating lots of fruit & veggies and drinking green tea.  But damn, I still like pizza, a good ribeye, hamburgers and ice cream!

Be well @bluesky and keep inspiring us!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1