IGNORED

Can't advance to next song when using bluetooth connection

Hello everyone. I have a Google Pixel 5 phone. I can connect to any bluetooth speaker without a problem. I can also connect to the bike and play music without a problem, except that it won't allow me to advance to the next song. It's the same with Spotify and YouTube Music. I have the phone mounted to the handlebars, but it's much more convenient to use the thumb button rather than take my hand off the bars to touch the phone.

I downgraded my Bluetooth AVRCP version to 1.3, rebooted the phone and made a new connection but still the same problem.

Note that the triangle on the screen that you could push for the next song is not yellow, so it's as if it does not think there is a next song. But you can go back for the last song, just not forward.

This worked fine before the update on the Infotainment system. I called Yamaha support and they said I would have to file a tech note with a dealership so they could submit it to them to go to Harman, so basically no help at all, although the support guy was supportive on the phone.

Note that with my satellite radio and other items it's fine, so it's not the buttons themselves. Some people on other forums have iPhones and they do not have this issue, so it could be Android related and other Android people have noted they have a similar problem.

Wondering if anyone else has this issue and if they have found a way to fix it.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks in advance!

PXL_20210411_214252606_3.jpg

First off, your bike knows good music and doesn't want to skip it . . . :)  Sorry, had to say it, anyway I don't use my phone as much as I just put a thumb drive in and just play music from it, the few times I have used my phone I don't believe I had this issue and I have a Samsung.  I have the update so I will check for you in the couple of days and let you know if I'm having the issue or not . . . still leaning toward your bike being a Rush fan though . . . lol

• Like 1

OK, jumped on the bike last night and tried my phone through BT, I don't have Spotify or YouTube Music but the app I have on my phone for music is Media Monkey . . . I brought it up and it allowed me to advance to the next song as normal.  I know I had been watching a YouTube video before we left so I don't know if it was trying to open that but at first the forward button was not available as your pic shows.  Once I started the other app on the phone it all came up fine.  Sorry I don't have a better answer, I'm using a Samsung S10 currently.