IGNORED

USPS Package Delivery Priority

BlueSky

I ordered one of those newly offered Monoculars that is supposed to allow you to see for 30 miles on March 23.  Anybody have one?  Anyway according to the tracking info it came from CA to Fayetteville NC leaving that location on April 7 but delivery has been delayed.  And Fayetteville is only about 100 miles away.  I caught the USPS package delivery truck at our mailbox yesterday delivering an Amazon package to my wife and talked to the driver.  She said that the USPS package delivery service only cares about delivering Amazon packages and everything else gets delayed.  What the heck?  

I had a very similar experience recently with Amazon for a sprinkler system anti-revers flow valve repair kit. They were drop shipping from the seller and even provided a USPS tracking number.  It never appeared on the USPS site.  Called the post office - nothing. Contacted the mfg (yes was supposed to be direct) and got we are looking into it. - 2 weeks and nothing.  Finally posted a bad review on Amazon.  It was delivered 2 days later by an Amazon driver.

2 hours ago, BlueSky said:

I ordered one of those newly offered Monoculars that is supposed to allow you to see for 30 miles on March 23.  Anybody have one?  Anyway according to the tracking info it came from CA to Fayetteville NC leaving that location on April 7 but delivery has been delayed.  And Fayetteville is only about 100 miles away.  I caught the USPS package delivery truck at our mailbox yesterday delivering an Amazon package to my wife and talked to the driver.  She said that the USPS package delivery service only cares about delivering Amazon packages and everything else gets delayed.  What the heck?  

So if you can see for 30 miles on March 23, how far can you see on April 10th?

lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have not run into companies using COVID as an excuse. If there is a tracking number and the package is in the hands of the carrier, then it is the carrier that is giving bad service. You could always select one of the more expensive shipping options that will get it to you faster. in today's world cheap shipping is slow shipping. The ones that seem to take the longest are the ones that start out in the hands of one carrier and then get the final delivery from another carrier. I am sure that is cheap to do but it takes twice as long to make 2 separate shipping's and 2 separate deliveries.

The carriers and many companies are having issues with people claiming to have COVID symptoms and then required to stay home on vacation for 2 weeks. It makes it hard to get things done in a timely fashion.

Edited by Flyinfool

A while back, FedEx decided to not renew their Amazon contract.  I suspect Amazon is depending on the USPS more now and they are overwhelmed maybe.  The USPS is unionized so I'm sure that has something to do with the service also.  I didn't have another choice for delivery from the company I ordered which is Cosmic Scope.  

Right there with ya @Freebird. @Flyinfool in my case I am a prime member and everything indicated next day delivery. After 3 days I checked and it was sent via USPS with a tracking number.  I'm good with that and didn't double check them.  After not getting it for a week I see the tracking number and now check to ensure it was not stolen off the porch etc.  Tracking number not even showing on the USPS site. call and nothing.  So I paid for the faster service and get nothing until I start filing complaints. I have seen this through work too.  any little bump in the road is used to justify a delay so they don't have to refund the money. We've had COVID excuses at work from FedEx, UPS and USPS this year.  Not good for business. 

1 hour ago, Freebird said:

I don’t know about other people but I’m sick of these companies using COVID as an excuse for poor service. 

They may not be so far out actually. Our most intense areas for covid around here is in Toronto/Peel region. It's claimed that the high Covid count is due to the working conditions/habits at places such as Amazon and other close quartered plants. Understandable. And when the down and out counts ranges in the 100s in one location, it makes sense to me.

• Like 1

Priority mail has no delivery guarantee,  its only an estimated delivery time. If you want guaranteed overnight,  1 or 2 day delivery it needs to be sent "Express mail" at an increased cost. I was told this by a friend that works for USPS.  I ordered so.e bike parts from a business in Georgia 120 miles from my house in South Carolina,  it took 2 1/2 weeks for the USPS TO DELIVER!

Edited by ragtop69gs
More info

I had my eyes checked for new glasses on March 3 and was told it would take about 10 days to come in. Well they are still in the mail somewhere as I haven't got them yet. Called the eye doctor  last Wednesday . They do not have a clue as what happened to the shipment of glasses for 8 customers. They contacted the lab and was told that they would expedite the order and ship overnight mail and that IF the other order was found that we would get both pairs of glasses. I told them that I wanted a refund of my money.

Not too sure of USPS but I use FedEx for work and I can assure you I am beyond FedUp over the last two months especially.  I generally ship overnight, it took over two weeks to get a package from Salt Lake to Denver.  I shipped two day two packages from Salt Lake to Valley Forge it took over Three weeks and one showed up broken these were high dollar oscilloscope with proper packing and delicate instrument warning stickers.  The only thing I seem to be able to trust is Custom Critical service.

• Like 1

Covid??? Yep!!! needed to buy some breakers for the electrical panel at our shop. Not in stock anywhere, so called my electrician. He said they were all made in Mexico (not that that matters) and that the 3 shifts at the plant are now done to only one. Why?? It's the times I bet. Anyhow, building houses etc just got slower because of a tiny part that is needed to supply power.

We have a farm and wrap silage bales each year. We typically order the next years wrap in august and its usually on a barge coming up the Mississippi before freezeup and we can pick it up in Minnesota over winter. This year there are no dock hands no forklift opperators no one at all at the docks or warehouses to unload the barges because they are making more staying at home then working. We are sourcing wrap from Europe this year because the stuff from Argentina is stuck on a dock somewhere along the mouth of the Mississippi and may not move for months yet.

• Sad 1

It’s crazy how upended things are.  Like I mentioned in another post I’ve had two valve cover gasket orders get cancelled because of warehouse delays or closures.  One of my dads suppliers for vehicle electronics can’t get parts because the majority are made in China and they shut down production.

Here is an interesting aspect of all this that I just experienced. Tweeksis stator had gone to ground so I ordered up stator, regulator, gaskets, sparkplugs to get her ready for those trips around the hood.. Stator was advertised with free Priorty Mail shipping.. I got the tracking number and was following it. To fulfill the 3 day priority it had to be here Monday.. Monday was also one of Tips cataract surgery days.  When we got home there was no package in the mailbox containing the stator. There was a note on my tracking number that read: NO ACCESS,, Undeliverable.  Yes, our road has a barracade on it because of a washed out bridge from last years 500 year floods BUT,, USPS has been delivering on time since Head scratch... I stopped at the post office to pick up the package Tuesday but they would not even talk to me with out the tracking number (never even thought to write it down).. Went home to get it and there in the mailbox was my stator.. Bottom line,, I have a HUGE sneaking hunch that the NO ACCESS was just an excuse to keep the seller from filing a claim and getting a refund on the priority mail costs.. Scammers lol

• Like 2

Well, my Cosmic Monocular arrived today.  It only took 8 days to make it the last 100 miles.  Now that I can see for 30 miles, I need to find something that will allow me to read....I haven't checked it out that much yet but it appears to be clear with good magnification, worth the $50 for sure in my opinion.  

• Like 1

On 4/13/2021 at 9:04 AM, Marcarl said:

Covid??? Yep!!! needed to buy some breakers for the electrical panel at our shop. Not in stock anywhere, so called my electrician. He said they were all made in Mexico (not that that matters) and that the 3 shifts at the plant are now done to only one. Why?? It's the times I bet. Anyhow, building houses etc just got slower because of a tiny part that is needed to supply power.

Try having the 2020 NEC in force in 2 cities around Indy. AFCI and GFCI on perty much everything. Increases your service install by $700 your cost...plus availability.

In the years past  commercial Freight carriers had a  great delivery time ...Canada Post seemed to be the slowest .

Just ordered a Batwing for a bike , and the seller used Canada Post for delivery ..The seller was about 1000 miles away and I have to say that Canada Post delivered the package right on time and the rate was very reasonable .. The commercial carriers were saying they could not promise any delivery date because of Covid  and the rates were twice that of Canada Post ... It seems that Covid is starting to be a money making device . 

• Like 1

Everybody wants to cry “Covid” when it comes to delivery delays yet has everyone else seen that for some reason it doesn’t affect Amazon orders?

If I order some thing on Amazon it will give me a delivery date and almost every time the item will arrive much faster than predicted.

If they can do it, what the problem with UPS & FEDEX??

I’ve heard the two carriers are merging into ONE company.  They’ll call it FEDUP!! 🤣

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChiefGunner said:

Everybody wants to cry “Covid” when it comes to delivery delays yet has everyone else seen that for some reason it doesn’t affect Amazon orders?

If I order some thing on Amazon it will give me a delivery date and almost every time the item will arrive much faster than predicted.

If they can do it, what the problem with UPS & FEDEX??

I’ve heard the two carriers are merging into ONE company.  They’ll call it FEDUP!! 🤣

As I stated in post #1, the USPS package delivery woman told me that amazon packages get top priority and all others get shipped whenever.  My package that was shipped USPS was delayed about a week because it was not an amazon package.  Fedex didn't renew their contract with amazon presumably because they weren't making enough money.  The USPS loses money anyway and is government owned so who cares if they lose money.