IGNORED

I got a 1978 Yamaha Roy adventure I don't know much about it just got in a couple days ago do anyone know anything about this bike

Your header says 1978 but I assume you mean 1987. As far as that goes you came to the right place to find out anything you need to know about the bike in general or top of the line tech know how. You only need to ask. The bike itself provided it is still in good mechanical condition is a great machine highly reliable and the engine is almost bullet proof as long as it is properly maintained. Probably one of the most comfortable bikes lending itself to long hours on the road and handle curves extremely well. It has great acceleration and will get up go if you need to pass. Fuel millage not as great as the newer machine out there. It can be a tall bike if you have an inseam of 32 or less. and it is rather top heavy lending itself to a slightly different riding style versus other road bikes specially at slow parking lot speeds were you need to learn to counter balance the bike. 

Edited by saddlebum

If you check in the Tech Section of the Forum, you will find a section for the 83-93 Ventures and that would be the best place to ask questions. https://www.venturerider.org/forum/forum/10-venture-and-venture-royale-tech-talk-83-93/

Also a great place to find information is in the Technical Library section for the 83-89 Ventures. https://www.venturerider.org/forum/forum/15-venture-and-venture-royale-tech-library-83-93-read-only/

Look around, ask questions, posting pictures with your questions also helps us provide answers.

Welcome to the group.

Rick F.

I’ve had my 87 VR for pretty much exactly a year and I love it.  I bought it thinking I’d just test the waters of a big touring bike and came to find it’s a winner of a machine!  Mine also happened to be in great condition.  I can for sure agree with @saddlebum if you’ve got short legs this thing can be a bear.  I’ve got a 30” inseam, and quick stops or even off camber intersections are not for the faint of heart.  Hell even the drainage dip at the apron of my driveway leaves me dangling for a second or so hoping I don’t run out of gravity speed before I can touch again.  Like @cimmer said check out the tech forum.  The guys on here are life savers and if you enjoy wrenching you will find all the help one can get.  Welcome to the beginning of the end; this bike is the last one you’ll need.

• Like 1