IGNORED

Recommendation on air pump

Hey there everyone! 

So, I'm new to the RSTD and didn't do enough research before buying. I'm not sure which air pumps will work to fill the air ride. I do know don't use an air compressor. If anyone could direct me to which ones work and where to buy them, I'd be very appreciative. 

2 hours ago, Alaric said:

Thank you. I was looking at that one, but the high PSI had me worried. 

Don't let that High pressure rating fool you. it only means that it is capable of reaching that high pressure because of a smaller piston put they often do not pump as fast as a lower rated pump which will usually pump faster because the piston is a tad larger.

OR

Go to a bicycle specialty store and pick up a quality hand pump. Some are two stage. the 1st stage  allowing for faster pumping when pressure is low and then going the second stage when pressure is higher to make for easier although slightly slower pumping. These pumps are small and compact and easy to store in your saddle bag

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, saddlebum said:

Don't let that High pressure rating fool you. it only means that it is capable of reaching that high pressure because of a smaller piston put they often do not pump as fast as a lower rated pump which will usually pump faster because the piston is a tad larger.

OR

Go to a bicycle specialty store and pick up a quality hand pump. Some are two stage. the 1st stage  allowing for faster pumping when pressure is low and then going the second stage when pressure is higher to make for easier although slightly slower pumping. These pumps are small and compact and easy to store in your saddle bag

Well, hell, I didn't think about the bicycle specialty stores. Got a couple around town, so I'll try that next. Thank you.