IGNORED

New to the scene

Ken T.

Hi y'all, 

Let me stay by saying y'all are some of the most helpful bunch of people I've ever seen just by cruising the threads. I bought my first bike yesterday. '99 Royal V. I hear people and aftermarket manufacturers throwing out venture and other models of Royal V. How do I tell exactly what I have?

20210405_164541.jpg

Edited by Ken T.
Autocorrect got me

I am not sure what you mean by " '99 Royal V", but here is a place to start getting some knowledge of the history of the Royal Star line, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yamaha_Royal_Star

As memory serves me that bike in the photo is a Boulevard model of the original Royal Star series , produced from 1996 to 2001 as noted here, https://www.autoevolution.com/moto/yamaha-royal-star-boulevard-1999.html#aeng_yamaha-royal-star-tour-deluxe-3000-1294

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Sorry my phone  keeps autocorrecting the star with v like it wants to say v star. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I have a '99 Royal Star. But looking for aftermarket parts all I see is venture or deluxe. My title doesnt have that info on it. Are venture and deluxe parts compatible throughout the model?

Venture and Tour Deluxe parts are seldom interchangeable with the original Royal Stars. There are some but not many.

Here is a link to another part of this forum, it is the STAR accessory catalog from many years back, you should be able to see the parts that interchange by comparing the Venture section to the Royal Star section.

Hiya Ken T, and welcome to the Forum!

Not much else we can add at this stage, except you DID come to the right Place!

Hope you enjoy the new Ride; a DOOZIE in our opinion. You'll find LOTS of info in these parts.

Warm Rgds, WRIDR