IGNORED

Membership

Freebird

After moving to the new forum software, the membership expirations no longer work.  Only people who became supporting members under this new software will get renewals.  I am trying to send out emails to all existing members but please check your records and see when your memberships expire.  If you need to renew, you do it by clicking on "Store" in the menu bar and you can renew there as you always did.  After that, you will get your usual notices.  If you get an email about your renewals, please let me know if you question it and I can check my records manually.  

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Freebird said:

After moving to the new forum software, the membership expirations no longer work.  Only people who became supporting members under this new software will get renewals.  I am trying to send out emails to all existing members but please check your records and see when your memberships expire.  If you need to renew, you do it by clicking on "Store" in the menu bar and you can renew there as you always did.  After that, you will get your usual notices.  If you get an email about your renewals, please let me know if you question it and I can check my records manually.  

Dang I thought it meant ....Free life long membership:canada:

• Thanks 1

Folks, here is something that you need to know.,  I don't like the way it works but have not found a way to change it.  Once you subscribe, you will be automatically charged and renewed after one year.  I have never done automatic renewals before and personally don't like them for several reasons but some people actually do like it.  The point is, if you DON'T want your membership to automatically renew after your year is up, you need to go back after you subscribe and turn it off.  You do that by clicking on "Store" then "My Details" and then "PayPal Subscriptions".  There you can cancel it.  That does not refund your money for subscribing and your membership will still be valid but it won't automatically renew after a year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Do you know if after we pay, then go back in to 'unsubscribe' will be get a notification that we need to renew again the following year?  I only ask because I don't always have a credit card on file with paypal, and if it's an automatic I might screw it up, lol.

OK folks, there is just no easy way to straighten this out.  What I'm doing now is going through our paid member list and checking expiration dates.  I've download all the paid members usernames from the old system, I'm checking it against the PayPal records, then checking that against the members on this system.  The ones who have re-subscribed since the change are good, they just get removed from y check list.  The ones who are expired get their status changed to "expired member".  The ones who paid under the old system get their names added to a new excel spreadsheet with their expiration dates added.  Once I get through all of this, then I'll just have to check the new spreadsheet every week and expire those who haven't re-joined.  I still have about 500 to do all this checking for this first go around.  Then I'll sort it by expiration date and check it weekly.,  What a mess.  I only have time to go through about 20 or thirty a day so it will take a while to get through the remaining 500.  This turned out to be an ordeal but there is a light at the end of the tunnel.  

If you log in and see that you have lost your ability to post, then that means your dues had expired.  You were moved to "expired members".  If you choose to renew, all your information will still be there.

I figure it will take me at least 15 to 20 days to get through all in this first round.  Then it will be fairly easy to keep up with it is all back to normal again,

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, bpate4home said:

I believe I renewed early and got the renewal notice again.  Which I did anyway instead of complaining because this site is worth it! Keep anything extra from me and don't extend. You put a lot of work into this site. 

Hmmm.....don't know.  The last payment that I show for you, before your renewal this time, is 3-4-20. If you paid since then, please let me know and I'll take care of it.

1 hour ago, Freebird said:

Hmmm.....don't know.  The last payment that I show for you, before your renewal this time, is 3-4-20. If you paid since then, please let me know and I'll take care of it.

For the $12 it's not worth either of our time to look into it. Money well spent

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Freebird said:

5/3/21 to be exact.  Don't make us come after you.   :)_

Well that depends are you coming after me or will you be sending Eileen. I got a big back log of hugs to make up for due to covid :bighug::canada:

Edited by saddlebum