IGNORED

Puc and Tips slower paced version of To Infinity And Beyond!! Get out and ride!!

cowpuc

Here is one more step in us finding things to share in together during our wonderful retirement years, ELECTRIC BICYCLES!! After 3 months of researching E-Bikes we chose to spend the extra bucks and go for a pair of the Rattan LM-750's. If you click on my host name in youtube (Puc Puc) found below this video you will find countless videos thru the years of us criss-crossing/tent camping in our great country on Tweeks, our 1983 Yamaha Venture and then, after illness kicked us off riding long distance on our motorcycle we started traveling/camping in our brand new 2018 (has 75k on it now) Hyundai Ioniq named "Trooper". Some of the things we looked for in E-Bikes was smaller 20" wheels, 4 inch tires for stability, at least a 750 watt motor to climb the big hills, at least a 13ah battery, lights with brake lights, REGENERATIVE motor to recharge batteries when coasting and totally foldable so we could put both bikes inside Trooper with us when we traveled. We found all that, AND MORE, with this particular set of bikes. These bikes also have THROTTLES so we can ride them like Mopeds (which I do 95% of the time, WOW is that fun!!) and Cruise Control! The mechanical normal bike tranny is a 7 speed and the motor pedal assist options a 5 "speeds". These will run a top speed of 24 mph which is wayyy faster than we enjoy bicycle travel. What a wonderful way to enjoy the freedom of the great American outdoors with your best friend!!

• Like 6

A couple stickers will make them go faster 😉

Actually look great, we have consider buying some and throwing them in our camper.  Some of the hills where we camp requires fat boy (me) to get off the bike and push up some longer hills.  A little electric boost would be nice.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Flyinfool said:

Can Trooper charge both bikes while traveling?

Rattan makes a point to say these are NOT off road bikes.

I’m pretty sure the manual said the same thing about Tweeks. 🏍🏍🏍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

On 4/5/2021 at 11:12 PM, buddy said:

Looking good puc... 

These be perfect for my old knees. 

INDEED @buddy!! I can verify that cause these things are PERFECT on my once repaired but still needing surgery neck at C2 spine, Dupentrens infected left hand, pacemakered tuned heart, herniated abdomen where they pulled the fist sized tumor, titanium spliced together lower spined body!! YOU are on the right track! Just make sure you get a regenerative motor so you never have to push and you'll be in business!! 

14 hours ago, ragtop69gs said:

Looks like those will take you on some cool unexplored trails.  How well do they climb the slopes on those sandy two tracks?

@ragtop69gs,,,, OH MAN RAGGY,, YOU NAILED IT!!  Remember those huge hills along our lakeshore? WOWZY WOW WOW,, 5th "gear" on the motor potentiometer choice so I get full power to the motor,, wack the throttle and this little sucker CLIMBS!! 

14 hours ago, Marcarl said:

Do they have hiway pegs?

Not yet! As soon as I tumble down a couple mountains and twist up a neck (on the bike) I have plans of chopping mine with a 10 over springer and that will DEFINITELY have hiway pegs @Marcarl

14 hours ago, Squidley said:

Good on ya Puc! As long as you're enjoying yourselves and puttin wind in your face, life is good 🌞

Nailed it @Squidley,,, nailed it bigly my precious brother!

11 hours ago, SpencerPJ said:

A couple stickers will make them go faster 😉

Actually look great, we have consider buying some and throwing them in our camper.  Some of the hills where we camp requires fat boy (me) to get off the bike and push up some longer hills.  A little electric boost would be nice.

Stickers not needed to hold these together YET @SpencerPJ LOL.. Just an FYI,, this model is very well done on the welds (I tigged for years for the Boilermakers and still got just about enough eyesight left to still be able to undercutting and lack of pen) brother and full suspention. It is rated at 330 pounds with over and under gusseting on the neck to seat tube cross bar.. Seems to be very well built, IMHO so far.  My neighbor seen ours and now has 3 on order. Problem is, our rugged Military looking steeds are sold out and he ended up having buy a girly bike model LOL

11 hours ago, saddlebum said:

I don't know @cowpuc.:think:...there is a major lack of surface area...:confused07:....Where is you going to put all them decals...:confused24:....................:canada:

IMG_20140728_161814_412.thumb.jpg.2b33dec37ca34fe6cc4c2d22eb4e9358.jpg

Thanks for posting that pic of Tweeks @saddlebum, sooo many precious memories in her and her earned stickers.. She is not done yet either, I just ordered new stator, regulator, gaskets, plugs, oil filter and will be going thru her very soon in prep for showing off our local amazing lake shore riding to unaware visitors to our area.. The coast to coast touring and tent camping days may be gone (but wow what memories) but Tip, Tweeks and I will ride locally as long as possible.  As far as stickers on the e-bikes,, they gotta earn em and when they do I will find a way!!

1 hour ago, Flyinfool said:

Can Trooper charge both bikes while traveling?

Rattan makes a point to say these are NOT off road bikes.

Only if I drag them behind Troop to make the rear wheels of the bikes spin in regen mode LOL..  What you talking about @Flyinfool,, you know neither of these bikes can read and better than I can so any comments made by the Manufacture dont mean much to either of us LOL

1 hour ago, RDawson said:

I’m pretty sure the manual said the same thing about Tweeks. 🏍🏍🏍🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

LOL,, Corporal Newkirk,, LOL!! No wiser or more perfectly put words have ever been spoken @RDawson LOL... One time, while Tip, Tweeks and I were miles and miles back on the single track/outback of the Black Hills of South Dakota Tweeks and I were discussing this very issue. We both came to the same conclusion,, that being that the decision of whether or not any motorized two wheeler is capable of off road adventure is 100% a decision to be made by bike and rider,, not by some engineer sitting behind a computer drawings circles and squares LOL 

• Like 1