IGNORED

Comparable spark plug boots from OEM.

Evening,

While cleaning things up and changing plugs, I noticed both plug boots are melted on cyl 1 & 3.

I can purchase OEM, but am wondering what would be considered a good aftermarket brand (NGK)?

I have found a few posts regarding this issue, but nothing really listed with any brands being used or the pros and cons.

I have found some NGK 5KOhm boots on FortNine for under $10CDN each.

Thanks

NGK makes a boot, for the life of me I can’t recall the part number...hopefully one of the more organized member will chime in shortly.

I changed mine out a couple of years ago and they’re still running strong. I got the at O’REILLY...they were like $5 apiece.

There used to be a NGK spark plug boots catalog on line but I can't find it now.  It used to list boots NGK SD05F 8022 boots for the Gen I Venture because I bought a set (that I never installed).  However these boots are all straight and two of the OE boots are not straight.   NGK boots are 5k ohms while the stock boots are 9 to 10K ohms. 

I found this when I searched but they can't confirm they fit.

https://www.amazon.com/ngk-spark-plug-boot/s?k=ngk+spark+plug+boot&af={"vehicle"%3A"1989-1210-20642-20-----14300------4-1"}&pid=euxvpRG&ref=sx_pf_dsk_cvftr

I replaced mine with NGK spark plug boots a number of years ago and used the Dennis Kirk catalog to determine what I needed and did order them from there. https://www.denniskirk.com/motorcycle/ngk/spark-plug-cap

They show all the different ones available and I believe I used a couple of straights one and then a couple angled ones. I cant check now as I have replaced them all with Coil On Plugs and like that a lot better.

Hope this helps.

Rick F.