IGNORED

Somethin' Going On

Condor

Watching Barret Jackson Live and this morning they are running a bunch of restored Honda Mini-Bikes.  $5000 seems to be th low bid and I'm lissening to one going for $21,000.  This is insane.  If youu can make it to their website you need to see this.  If not take a look at the results section.  This is in Stockdale AZ.  The bike are really nice and restored, but they are selling for more than a lot of hot rod customs...

• Thanks 1

I really wonder about some people. There is a big market for those 50cc hondas in any condition. I was watching ebay and saw a rusted out late 70s early 80s sell for 2500. Makes me wish id hung on to some of the ones ive used for parts over the years. Ive picked up non runners for 20 to 40 bucks. Must have sent 15 of them for scrap over the last 20 years. 

Yeah, it's crazy...  But I bet there'll be a lot of Honda Mini's drug out from behind the barn...  Saw the same thing happen to the V-Dub bus.  One hit $100 grand at an auction on TV and right afterwards they started coming out of the wood work...  The market collapsed back into the sub 30's-50's where they belonged...  All you need is two bidders in a pissing contest and they can screw up the market big time...

1 minute ago, saddlebum said:

everything I save turns into junk and everything I ever tossed became valuable......Go figure :crying:

1 minute ago, saddlebum said:

everything I save turns into junk and everything I ever tossed became valuable......Go figure :crying:

Obviously you are saving the wrong things.

On 3/26/2021 at 1:31 PM, Condor said:

Watching Barret Jackson Live and this morning they are running a bunch of restored Honda Mini-Bikes.  $5000 seems to be th low bid and I'm lissening to one going for $21,000.  This is insane.  If youu can make it to their website you need to see this.  If not take a look at the results section.  This is in Stockdale AZ.  The bike are really nice and restored, but they are selling for more than a lot of hot rod customs...

That is amazing @Condor.. I am somehow not real shocked though Jack.. A HUGE part of the success of my bike business was attributalble to the little, HARD TAIL MODEL, early model Z50's.. Even back in the 90's and into the 2000's we were pulling down 6 to 8 grand a pop for restored hardtails.  Straight from hip brother,, the hardest part of the whole restore, IMHO so consider that, was getting the paint right.. Honda used a "3 part" paint to give those early candy paint scoots their look. Many of my bikes (the Zzz's) ended up in offices under glass as decorations.. I had a Commercial bank President from Chicago who was instrumental in selling over 30 of my restores,, even done some business with a Pro Football Player (wore a Patriots superbowl ring) because of my relationship with my banker buddy.  It is indeed a different world out there with some of this collectable stuff.  GREAT thread my friend!! Thanks for posting it!! Puc

Edited by cowpuc
  • Like 1