IGNORED

SpeedoHealer on SVTC

As anyone with the SVTC probably knows, the speedometer is off by about 8% (reads 100 km/h when actual is 92).  Letting the group know not to bother with the SpeedoHealer from Healtech Electronics.  I spent 3 hours installing it and it does correct the speedometer reading, but disables the cruise control.  Healtech confirmed by email that this is a known problem and so I'm sending it back. If anyone knows of a solution for calibrating the speedometer I would love to hear about it.

On 3/23/2021 at 4:47 PM, RDawson said:

Have you checked the SpeedoDRD? I have it on my 2nd gen but no experience on the SVTC. 

I had a SpeedoDRD on my old bike, but it won't work on the SVTC because the SVTC has two speed sensors front and rear which first connect to the ABS/TC system and then a single wire from the ABS module to the ECU. I believe that is also why the CC on the SVTC won't work with the Speedohealer because the ECU is getting different speed info than the ABS/TC system (my theory).

On 3/24/2021 at 6:29 AM, bpate4home said:

Is the speed off on the digital display too? That comes from the GPS and I think that may be accurate.  Either that or my early tests with the wife following me in her Tahoe were faulty. 

Yes, it is off on the digital display also and it reads the same as the speedometer.  The digital display doesn't take its reading from the GPS but rather from the same speed sensor data as the analog speedometer (confirmed by disconnecting the speed sensor wire at the ECU and both the speedometer and digital display read 0 all the time). I have a Garmin Zumo mounted which shows the correct speed (confirmed with two car speedometers).  Actual bike speed is 8% lower than what the bike displays. I couldn't figure out why everyone was tailgating me and honking at me until I got the Zumo installed.

Another silly question, are you running the OEM tires?  Or are they a different brand but the same size or did your change the size on the tires?  I have checked mine with my wife's car and then with 2 different GPS running on the bike at different times and they seemed be to right with each other.  Now I haven't checked since I put Dunlops on the bike but they are the same size tires as the OEM but I would assume it hasn't changed much . . . knowing me though . . . I'm wrong.  LOL.  Just curious. 

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to be the trend with Japanese bikes they read higher than actual. My 3 Harley Touring bikes I had were spot on. I haven't checked my Eluder yet with GPS but will and report back. I'm sure it will be the same as yours.

@VentureDogI am not familiar with the SVTC but I assume the bike's speed is based on signals from  electronic sensor's and since it has ABS it will most likely have both front and rear wheel speed sensors. That said I have to wonder if it is a programing issue, as some vehicles road speed signals are programmable to match actual tire diameter or rolling distance. It may be that the computer may need to be re-programmed to match the wheel speeds. This often shows up as PPM (pulses per mile ) or TRM or TRPM ( tire revolutions per mile ) or something similar. This tire RPM can often vary slightly between different tire brands even of the same size. for example a softer running tire would have higher RPM's than a Harder running tire. I would check with the dealer to see if it is a slight program change required to correct it.

Edited by saddlebum