IGNORED

New to the royal star world

Hey I'm 28 from Oklahoma I'm purchasing my first royal star tomorrow it's a 2000 model with 50k on it. One owner garage kept any tips or minor things I should be aware of before hand and honestly is 2800 to high for it. I'm skilled in riding I've rode quite a few over the years but mostly just raced drag bikes so I'm no newbie to power. Just figured I'd ask one of these forums for any knowledge from some guys who I figure have had bikes for years. Thanks in advance

Welcome to the circus we call home. You may want to post this in the Watering Hole heading, more people will see and respond. 
They are great bikes, you won’t be sorry. Don’t ride it like a V Twin, these thing love to spin. Around 4000 rpms is where the power is and it’ll go all day up there, don’t be afraid to down shift. Scroll down to the read only tech section and you’ll find known issues to look for. You won’t find a better place to help you keep her in top shape than here. The $12 price will pay for itself not only in repairs or tips but in the fun we have. The guys and gals here are ready to help anytime.