IGNORED

GPS mount

Fresnojoe

I haven't seen the  2000 Venture Royale in person yet but have seen pictures and videos of the same style bike. My question is that there doesn't seem to be much room  on the handle bars to mount a GPS, that is where I mounted it on all my other bikes, so where do you mount a GPS and does someone make a bracket to mount it? any pictures would be a big help. And where do you get power for it?

I haven't seen the  2000 Venture Royale in person yet but have seen pictures and videos of the same style bike. My question is that there doesn't seem to be much room  on the handle bars to mount a GPS, that is where I mounted it on all my other bikes, so where do you mount a GPS and does someone make a bracket to mount it? any pictures would be a big help. And where do you get power for it?

https://uniim1.shutterfly.com/ng/services/mediarender/THISLIFE/001040996508/media/10341891322/large/1387661795/enhance

That's not a picture of a 2000 Royal Star Venture dash.

This is what it should look like.

yamaha-royal-star-venture-mm-6.jpg

You should be able to attach a RAM clamp-on mount to the handlebars and attach you GPS there. 

Edited by Stasher1

I originally had the u-bolt style mounts down at the bottom of the handlebars next to the risers, but it was awkward to access the ignition switch. 

I later replaced them with Ram clutch top mounts.  The right brake-master typically has a Ram X-Mount to hold my phone and the right clutch-master has the Garmin Zumo 660 Mount that is permanently tied into the bike.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003CMNXIO/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_065GV8G554SE5MFV607D

IMG_0747.JPG

2019-07-24 11.57.42.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I mounted my Zumo XT near the radio control. I tested orientation in both horizontal and vertical and prefer the vertical because in the horizontal position I could not see my left blinker light. For  power I removed the gas tank and seat and routed the wires in the cabling channels directly to the battery. The garmin has its own fuse. The unit mounted with the hardware that was in the Garmin box.

IMG_2479.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG