IGNORED

2008 GL 1800 trike no headlights

DP57

Anybody have an idea what might be causing the headlights not to come on?. It's happened before. Sometimes I could flip the bright / dim switch on and off to make them come on or restart the bike would sometimes work. Couldn't get them to come on at all yesterday or today. Depressing when you can't take a ride. Any help greatly appreciated.

Same problem popped up over on the GL1800Riders forum the other day. One suggestion was after starting the bike to pull out on the start button to see if it fully returned to it's proper position, sometimes they can stick in and keep some of the contacts engaged. If you do take that switch housing apart  try covering it with a plastic zip lock type bag, there are lots of springs and little bits in there that could get loose, the bag will help catch them.

Also check the relays, sometimes swapping relays around will let you know if they are the problem also.

If you are not a member of GL1800Riders, I would suggest joining, there are a lot of good knowledgeable folks over there.

That's what it is. I played with the switch a bit and they came on. I'll get some contact cleaner and see if we can free that switch up some. Saved a trip to the shop. Awesome job guys. Thank you for the help.