IGNORED

Spark Plugs

Should I use non-resistor type or resistor type plugs?  It calls for DP8EA-9, however these cross over to NGK 5829 which is non-resistor and also crosses to NGK 4929 which is resistor type.

I have replaced the factory coil/plug wire system with a Coil Over Plug system. I seem to be getting a lot of ignition noise in my headset the last few days and it feels like it is missing on one cylinder intermittently lately when cruising at a constant speed (around 3000-3300 rpm).

Have you pulled your plugs yet? I'm wondering what shape they are in. Has the noise been there since the conversion or has it built up? Might want to check your wires for wear or make sure they are not bundled up with any of the regular wiring harness. Having switched from stock you might have to see what the coil manufacturers recommended plugs would be.

I would assume in your case you probably have to resort to resister type plugs. With the OEM system the resister is built into the plug boot. With the COP system this may not be the case. If not sure there is no harm in trying Resister plugs. Worst case scenario you may have a weaker spark. But if it gets rid of your noise and you can't feel any difference in how the bike runs you laughing.