IGNORED

Clutch slipping!!!!??

EBC makes a heavy duty direct swap diaphragm spring.  I used EBC on my last Kawasaki Concours when the factory spring blew up.

Barnet makes a coil spring pressure plate that is a bolt on replacement.  I've run this on heavily modified Road Star Warriors over the years with good results, many on this forum have run this same plate.

My current RSV has the "Double D" modification.  I took one of the used the Rs Warrior diaphragm springs I had laying around and doubled up the stock diaphragm spring on my '99.

I replaced my clutch with the Barnett clutch pack, with the carbon fibre disks. https://www.barnettclutches.com/

Alternatively there are some inexpensive upgrades you can make. One is to replace the innermost clutch disc and spacer's which only has half the friction material with a full friction material disc. If you do this leave out the spacers and the snap ring. You can also add a heavier spring. @skydoc_17 also sells upgrade kits which have become very popular among members here.

• Like 1

+1 on the Barnett kit.  Once I installed that (and bumped up to the heavy duty springs), I have had no issues.  Previously, I was messing with my clutch every 30-40k miles.

BTW, you can change out the clutch without dropping the oil.  Just put the bike on the side stand.  However, if the clutch has been slipping for a while your oil will be nasty and need changed anyway.

RR

• 3 months later...