IGNORED

road king exhaust

The 2006 RSV I bought last December had Harley Davidson mufflers on it when I bought it. (I assume they came off of a Road King) Compared to the Baron mufflers on had on the 2005 I rode before I bought the 2006 I like the sound of the HD mufflers much better. The Baron’s were a little harsh and loud out of the box. Wrapping some fiberglass packing around the baffles on the Baron’s helped but it still wasn’t the deep sound I was looking for. The HD mufflers sound great with a nice low rumble that’s not too loud.

• Like 1

There are a bunch of threads on here about this, below is a link to one I had started last year. I bought a set of Ultra Glide pipes to put on my 2005 RSTD, but haven't done it yet. You need to make a bracket (cost me 40$ to get them cut) so the exhaust will bolt up, or some guys use P-Clamps. Also, HD put the catalytic converter in the left pipe of some years (2010 - present I believe), so you want to make sure that you get a set without that. I can let you know how it turns out when I'm done.

• Like 1

I have a set of slash cut road kings on my 05 RSTD. @Squidly used to make brackets years ago so I'd see if he agrees that the dimensions above will work, but you do need a bracket of some sort to bolt them on.

I believe mine came off of an 06.

I love the sound, not too harsh, but like has been said a nice rumble.

Mine did have the catalytic converter, but I drilled it out. I also drilled out the baffles.

Good luck

• Like 1