IGNORED

2009 Venture

Father-in-law getting ready to put his 2009 up for sale. it is in great shape maybe around 20K miles, but he is not sure what to ask for it. he moved to a trike and don't want to keep both. I suggested around 6,000 but not sure if that's high or low. What do the experts here think?

I’m sure it’ll depend a lot on location but around my neck of the woods $4000-5000 is what they bring. The Ventures never caught on here for some reason, Wings and HD hogged the touring market. I got my 07 three years ago for $4k with 30k on the clock. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, BlueSky said:

Beautiful bike!  Ventures are great bikes but for whatever reason they don't bring what they are worth it seems to me.  

I'll agree with that, I have been trying to get some pictures for several days now so he finally rode it over and let me take the pictures. 

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/12/2022 at 7:15 AM, BlueSky said:

Used car prices are up.  Don't know if that applies to bikes.  

Where I'm at, that definitely applies to import bikes from 70's/80's, but less so for newer stuff.  Not sure if that's us older dude's reclaiming our youth or the younger generation wanting to be retro cool, but the market for older bikes is red hot right now.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Blue Book is $7600 Retail, $5500 Trade in, I would offer $3500, but I am cheap, and Bobbi would probably frown on another bike in the Garage, but who could turn down a $3500 Venture.

Edited by etcswjoe

1 hour ago, etcswjoe said:

Blue Book is $7600 Retail, $5500 Trade in, I would offer $3500, but I am cheap, and Bobbi would probably frown on another bike in the Garage, but who could turn down a $3500 Venture.

well it's not really up to me but I bet he would take $4500 if it was offered, but I figure you are about ready for a trike I know Bobbi would like it. :biker:

• Haha 1