IGNORED

My other winter project or "Bucket list fulfillment 101". A shooter named Tony!

cowpuc

Nice Puc!

Forget the naysayers and haters of the 92. I was in the Army for twelve years, most of that time as a warrant officer and the M-9 was my assigned personal weapon. I have shot M-9’s that had had thousands and thousands of rounds put through them and some were likely older than I was, and not one ever failed to put rounds on target and I can honestly say I never had a malfunction. They are a little big and heavy, and not so glamorous, but they are reliable and accurate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MonsterBiker said:

Some of us are "Dual Sport" 😁

And then others of us are of the "Triple Threat" variety.  A dirty truck is a happy truck.  I have a very happy truck......

158446834_10158705581985172_6179198358376185217_o.jpg

That ain't dirty. And what is that green thing out the front? That should be out the back to help that red one thru......

Muddy Truck.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Flyinfool said:

That ain't dirty. And what is that green thing out the front? That should be out the back to help that red one thru......

Muddy Truck.jpg

And what is that green thing out the front?

Looks like a tow strap to pull that Beastie out of the Goo.

Sure hope it is in the right spot; that section looks like Plastic to us non-knowledgeable ones.

Rgds, WRIDR

• Like 1

Yeah, it's a tow strap.  😒  But because my skid plate was up against a rock under that mud it was replaced by a tow strap on the back to the red monster.  The tow strap on the front was attached in the right spot, that is one of the factory tow hooks.  But.....all that plastic is about to come off.  I just bought a 12,000 lb. winch and have an off-road bumper with winch mount ordered.  I am in the very beginning stages of building that little truck into an overlanding rig.  A 3" lift and 33" BFG KM3 Mud-Terrains are in the plans.  It is going to be a multi-year project but it will be an extremely capable little 4x4 when I am done.  It is actually quite capable now in stock form.  If it hadn't been for the rock up against the skid plate that stopped my forward progress I would not have had any trouble with that mud hole.  This just happens to be one of the rare GMC Canyons with the factory installed 5.3L V8.  😁

• Like 3

SNAP CAPS finally came in!! Now I can work out developing trigger group fire control,,, sooo much fun!!  Like shooting my 1911, I got enough of them and bought the ones that are actual 124 grain dummy rounds that I can randomly sew them into Tony's 17 round mags for monitoring my trigger control during actual firing.  I am really enjoying the change over from Tony's DA trigger to his SA trigger, definitely challenging in control.  The stock hammer spring on the 92 is 20 pounds, I have 16, 17, 18 and 19's pounders coming.  I am told the "normal" thing the Beretta guys do is drop to a "D" spring (16 pounds) to cut back on DA trigger pull. I would have just gone that route but I wonder just how usable that 16 pounder will be for rimfire usage. Plan is to try the 16 first and if I do not get any FTF's in my 22lr conversion kit I will go ahead and order 12, 13, 14 and 15 pounders to adjust downwardly until I do get the FTF's.. Like learning to slow ride in a parking lot =  Practice practice practice!! 

DSCN8926.JPG

DSCN8927.JPG

DSCN8928.JPG

DSCN8929.JPG

DSCN8930.JPG

DSCN8931.JPG

DSCN8932.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 5:15 PM, Pasta Burner said:

@cowpuc is that a 9mm?  I’ve never liked 9’s as I’ve always found them squirrelly except my buddy has a Beretta Px4 that is solid. Never shot your new baby.  For me I’ve got a few but my go to on target most comfortable and ruined most all other grips is my PK380.  When I unholster and level I always think “why can’t they all be like this?”   I might “Accidentally” buy the wrong ammo if I know what tool I’d like to use it in.

147F9A97-9AD3-4832-B920-062A4AFDE94B.jpeg

78CB6474-73C8-4EF4-AC27-AB5F4F1DAE41.jpeg

Looks just like my PK380. Really fits my hands nicely! Plus it's a joy to shoot as I can easily work the slide with my aged hands!

LOL about being in the mud with the truck. I'm off to run the Mojave Trail road in 2 weeks. Tent camping all the way! I do enjoy overlanding now too! 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali. 33inch BFG K02's. Stock.

20201112_170313.jpg

Edited by videoarizona
add
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, videoarizona said:

Looks just like my PK380. Really fits my hands nicely! Plus it's a joy to shoot as I can easily work the slide with my aged hands!

LOL about being in the mud with the truck. I'm off to run the Mojave Trail road in 2 weeks. Tent camping all the way! I do enjoy overlanding now too! 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali. 33inch BFG K02's. Stock.

20201112_170313.jpg

Is that the pearl color?  I had a 2015 Suburban with metal flake pearl she was gorgeous.  Gonna have to google the Mojave trail.

• Like 1

My very first attempt at entering into the world of speed holsters!! Came out real nice IMHO!! I ended up going by the Guga Ribas youtube video instructions for fitting and it came out fine!! Quite a lengthy process but not bad (see vid).. 

DSCN8933.JPG

DSCN8934.JPG

DSCN8935.JPG

DSCN8936.JPG

DSCN8937.JPG