IGNORED

What did you do for a winter project

OrlinEngh

I got my shop back, so it was time to go to work on my solo ride I have had on my bucket list. Pretty close to being done. Can hardly wait to get it out.

It has a 14,000 mile engine, 22,000 mile final drive, rims and all new bearings, new fork seals and progressive springs and tune up. I am thinking that it is going to be a fun ride.

Orlin

IMG_20210119_155344692_HDR (2).jpg

Edited by OrlinEngh
just wanted one picture
  • Like 5

Cleaned up the garage then messed it up again :bang head: then went in to the basement and cleaned up my woodworking shop again :confused24:.

Stripped down an 87 for parts need for my other two bikes. completed some wood working projects and continued with renovations still overdue for completion on the house. I have been off work a year now due to covid and still I don't seem to have enough hours in a day to tackle all my projects plus the HD list :crying:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My main winter goal has been to learn to walk again. I am pretty close now, No longer wearing the air cast or using the crutches. Around the house I can sort of walk without assistance but when heading out I still need a cane. Still hoping that I will be walking pretty good by the end of winter. I guess it is not real exciting but it is a STEP in the right direction.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Flyinfool said:

My main winter goal has been to learn to walk again. I am pretty close now, No longer wearing the air cast or using the crutches. Around the house I can sort of walk without assistance but when heading out I still need a cane. Still hoping that I will be walking pretty good by the end of winter. I guess it is not real exciting but it is a STEP in the right direction.

Still praying for you brother!! I have noticed, even though I have spent a fair amount of winter in sunny California, that your down time for healing has not slowed your WWW activity down at all!! That is a true blue WWWing brother I tell ya,, always thinking of his buddies!! Glad for your progress Jeff!!

Puc

13 hours ago, cowpuc said:

Still praying for you brother!! I have noticed, even though I have spent a fair amount of winter in sunny California, that your down time for healing has not slowed your WWW activity down at all!! That is a true blue WWWing brother I tell ya,, always thinking of his buddies!! Glad for your progress Jeff!!

Puc

Actually because @Flyinfoolwas stuck sitting at home He increased his WWWing, even extended his range this year. :snow2:

You know what they say about idle hands...:backinmyday:

Edited by saddlebum

I got started on mine and Sharons RSV a few days ago and when I put it up on the lift, I noticed that the fork seal on the right side fork was starting to leak and that the lower fork cover was hitting the fork. I thought that may have been bent after we hit the deer last year, But it was the fork.  

So tore it down and pulled the fork and put a straight edge on it and it is tweaked, So up to the shed and grab a pair of forks, Its good to pack rat parts. Some sanding and buffing on the lower forks, new seals ,oil and a year old pair of progressive springs the front end is done. Now to switch out the clutch and get rid of that wine, change the oil, new spark plugs and sync the carbs and take it out for a ride Saturday and see how it rides out. And hope that this years first ride can not include hitting a deer or anything else.

• Like 1

Seems like every-time I try and do a project SHIPPING gets in the way!!!!!!!!!

Tried to get parts to mount a 2stage blower on a lawn cutting 12horse lawn tractor which seemed when I bought it off the same kind of tractor   BUT  had problems keeping belt on so modified with idler pulleys  then  had to wait for special step washer that was missing on mount that holds clutch arm. Still haven't been able to fix as 220vlt heater blew and had to buy one when they came on sale(toooo cold without)

Next was trying to get parts to check and adjust valves. Trying to make Phantom Wife happy by saving money and help out Pioneer Motor Sports with business  some parts ended up back ordered so had to wait.(ended up around 2months)  When they finally came in and shipped the border inspection didn't like how they described the order so THEY shipped them back to Pioneer( not their fault as tracking had me thinking they were on the way until the last day was when I seen they were delivered BUT to wrong address. Got back to Chad{dealer's son] who got on it and reshipped   THANKS again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. So they reshipped and made it to Canada and the mail shipped them 40 miles out of the way and finally arrived yesterday. Now waiting to get mine and @XV1100SE bike's to @Marcarl to get done.  Been on a few rides lately  so procrastinating on getting other things done !!!!!!!

Still trying to win a little money on Lotto so I can do more things since I'm retired now and need to get more done!!!!    Guess if I don't have good luck that won't happen---have mostly bad luck(or however that saying goes)  Still seem to have time to do HDL as Phantom isn't bugging      Yet!!!