IGNORED

Aux plug putting out little sound?? 2007 Venture

The guy that I bought my bike from had added a xm radio and tied it into the aux on the back side of the radio somehow !!  I clipped the wires and done away with the XM and have bought a bluetooth thing that plugs into the aux outlet next to the cassette player allows me to bluetooth through my I-Phone !!!!   Hooks up and works but have almost no sound!!  Any suggestions at where to start??  Thanks 

Little Gizmo called a Boosteroo.  They make a few different models. I modified mine and added a 12v wired in part for the battery so I didnt have to take things apart. I just wired it in line under the fairing.

Edited by djh3

Did the previous owner plug in to the aux circuit or wire into it? If he used a"y" adapter and plugged into it, the plug is still there as you only "clipped the wires". The plug may be shorting the circuit. 

Take the fairing off, stand in front of the bike and the aux circuit is a small wire in the top left side of the radio. The radio is in the center below the windshield area....

Should be right in that area. Look for a y adapter plugged into a female minijack connector. 

Let's hope it's that simple.

The aux circuit is a high level circuit and usually needs no amplification as long as the item being plugged in offers a line level output. Like the output of an xm radio. If your Bluetooth unit only sends out a mic(low) level signal, then yes, you need to boost the signal. Put an amp between the bluetooth and the aux circuit. 

Edited by videoarizona
Clarify