IGNORED

Have you seen this After Market MK2 Seat?

DonnyRudeDude

Hello all: just wondering if anyone can give me some of the history on the seat that I gleaned from the internet? I've never seen one before, have you? I assume it might be a Corbin as they do make seats of various colours/stitching/welts etc. This one has the original VR emblem on it, so was it offered by Yamaha way back when? I thought it looked pretty cool and wanted to share it with you. It shows me that a seat can really add to the overall look of the bike. I have a Corbin on my Valkyrie Interstate and it has so much more character than the stock seat and really adds something to the look of the bike. I saw a newer red Goldwing last summer with a white seat (not my first choice in a seat colour) with red accents and it really tied in nicely to the overall look of the bike. 

Mark

1987-Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-Motorcycles-For-Sale-39053.jpg

1987-Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-Motorcycles-For-Sale-39064.jpg

1987-Yamaha-Royal-Star-Venture-Motorcycles-For-Sale-39085.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like my Corbin seat with the passenger section being more flat than the stock Yamaha seat. I also have the Corbin drivers back rest that slides in under the Corbin name in between the 2 seating areas. I do not have the passenger arm rest as I havent been able to find a good used set anywhere that was reasonably priced.  The lever on the left side of the seat is the release to remove the drivers back rest. 

Rick F.

Thanks for all the replies and that is a sweet looking bike. I checked the Corbin website to see what they still carry and they don't seem to make a seat for the first gen ventures any longer which is not surprising as there would be a limited demand for a thirty something year old bike. @Freebird the Corbin seat on my 99' Valk is well broken in with 60 thousand Km's on the odometer when I bought her. It is very firm but surprisingly comfortable on long rides and maybe a little cooler in the summer compared to the plusher first gen ventures, which are very comfortable. Corbin still offers a seat for the Valkyrie. @Pasta Burnernice looking seat you got there. It looks fairly plush compared to my Corbin and others I've seen. Adds a nice touch to your bike,

Mark

• Thanks 1

@FreebirdI   might do that just out of curiosity but I suspect it would be costly. I inquired regarding the Valkyrie as I thought about changing the seat colour from black to brown and with the exchange rate and shipping it was $$$$. One can dream and maybe one day I'll have the motorcycle budget for that. The two tone seat colour does look sharp,

Mark