IGNORED

Orlando area Venture mechanic?

I don’t think my 2009 Venture with 25,000 miles doesn’t  run quite right, I have set the float levels and installed new needles and seats and synchronized the carbs but it still seems to run a lil rough and seems to stumble around 80mph and struggles to go any faster than that, I have a matched set of Harley pipes with the same baffles in each and everything else is stock, I’m tempted to take it to a mechanic that is qualified to work on it, is there good mechanic in the Orlando Florida area

Edited by Fasteddiebull

I am not familiar with any of the shops in Orlando area there are 4 in the general area. I am closer to Daytona and have always used Daytona Fun Machine (now Ride-On) in Holly Hill, when my 98 Royal Star had major carb issues they fixed it and it ran like new. If you contact them ask to speak with Mark Torrey, he is the service manager, you can tell him I sent you.

As an aside to let you know what kind of service he provides, about 5 years ago my Goldwing would not start, it acted like sensor was bad, major $$. I talked with him and as he lives close by I asked if he could stop by after work and see if my diagnosis was correct. He came by, laid hands on the bike and it started, told me the battery was probably bad and I had flooded it trying to start it during the day.  He was exactly correct, GLs are very sensitive to voltage drops during starting, got a new battery have not had a problem since.

Steve Kowalcky