IGNORED

NO power to ignition

sleepy2

2012 Royal Star Venture.   unplugged trickle charger and it fell and touched bike when I turned key was a small sound like fuse blowing. Lights on dash went out and nothing shows when switch is turned.Before power went off the fuel pump worked then turned key to start bike it made fuse noise and everything went off. Checked fuses under seat and fuses behind right lower fairing and none were blown, Anything else I should check?

You might have a loose connection at the battery or a failed connection. Take the cables off, clean them and then try again. Testing voltage probably won't tell anything seeing as you need to see amperage, unless you test the connectors under load, then things might show up for you.

Ok from the battery you have power to the main fuses and you pulled them and no corrosion on contacts. From there do you have any power to any of the fuse blocks? If the ignition switch is faulty it will kill the power to everything although sometimes the radio will still work. Found this article dealing with a mid 2000's

https://venturers.org/Tech_Library/index.php?action=article&cat_id=002007&id=339

No ignition bypass on bike now   but will do the check to see if is the switch.

Battery on charger right now. Was at around 12.35vlts.

Cleaned terminals and cables. Will also check ground by horn.

Oh wife says NOOOO to new bike!!!!!!!!!

Have to get going so when my parts come in I can get valves adjusted.

I just can't seem to win!!!

• Like 1

My 83 XVZ12TDK had a main fuse on the positive terminal on the left side of the battery , right next to the start relay .

I replaced the fuse block holding the glass fuses with a small fuse block from the the side panel on on 1997 Chev k1500  .

Fuses are no more the a 1/2 inch wide and plug in a lot easier than the glass fuse set up

Edited by larrydr

13 hours ago, Pro procrastinator said:

Wait.... did you try flowers? 

Permission only works about 50 percent of the time.  Go for forgiveness and dinner with jewelry.  Also, if your determined to fix your problem look at replacing the ignition switch they are known for failure.

• Haha 1

@Pro procrastinatorI already buy our lotto tickets so I can afford to buy things we would like but NO luck so far. We don't have power ball here. Flowers don't work!

@larrydralready have spade fuses. I think tube fuses were last used on 89 Venture. I also have 87 that I also changed over to spades from tubes.

In process of changing out battery then will check switch  cables cleaned   fuses checked