IGNORED

What is going on?????

RDawson

1 hour ago, Flyinfool said:

last week 73% of the continental USA was covered with SNOW, A new record. So at least you can say it was the worst ever.

885319420_WIWhiteWasher.gif.954b4d9e4b607ad4c769192371f9f3b9.gif

They forecast us 12”-20”. Only got 5-6, I’ll count that as a win. Snow rarely lasts a week here, riding today and going fishing Saturday. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Flyinfool said:

last week 73% of the continental USA was covered with SNOW, A new record. So at least you can say it was the worst ever.

885319420_WIWhiteWasher.gif.954b4d9e4b607ad4c769192371f9f3b9.gif

Hope this does not mean severe flooding for low lying ares once the spring thaw hits. I think most of those poor souls have seen more than their share of these disasters.

• Like 1

I haven’t looked at the Ohio or Mississippi River levels but the lakes here that dump into the Ohio are still at winter pool levels. The dam here is dumping at around 4 times the normal rate. If River levels rise they can hold back a lot of water in our lakes to ease flooding. Granted we don’t have to wait for a spring thaw or have tons of snow. I’m hoping the increased flow will have the catfish ready to bite. Hope everybody’s as lucky. 

On 2/24/2021 at 3:49 PM, Barnacle442 said:

I feel I must apologize. I had been making plans to fly down to Houston, visit friends and rent a bike to go riding around on. I had no idea that God would utterly smoke all you Texans in order to stop me. Sorry.

Yes it was cold. Did all Texans die like the MSM is boosting this up to be - no. We weren't home (Houston) during this we were north of here. Our house got hit bad. No power in the neighborhood for 3 days of the coldest weather. Tankless hot water heater had a pipe bust inside but a neighbor caught it early and minimized that damage. When I got home I found a pool pump cracked, an outside spigot busted and the main line to the sprinkler busted. No one had a replacement water heater so I found one online. That was installed today. total cost 1350 for heater and 925 for labor to install (flat fees got me here 1.5 hours of actual work) total ~2300, pool pump 850, misc PVC for me to do the rest of the repairs outside $30. Total ~$3,150. Less than my deductible if I would have filed an insurance claim. A few drywall patches after the dehumidifying is done and we are back to SNAFU status LOL. We were one of the hardest hit by the freeze in our neighborhood according to other neighbors.  A couple were hit harder as their water breaks were not caught timely.  We were lucky in that we have great neighbors that look after each other.   

Now I hate tankless hot water heaters even more after hearing what you paid.  There was one in an apt I rented in SC.  When taking a shower, the hot water demand wasn't high enough to keep the thing on so the shower water would go cold.  I had to turn on the hot water at the sink while taking a shower to increase the demand enough to keep the silly thing on.  

I recently replaced the hot water heater in my home.  The 50 gallon heater cost just over $400 at Home Depot and I installed it myself for about $25 in materials.  

• Like 2

Got me one of those there thingies about 10 years ago,,,, oooooo do I love it. Never out of hot water, can use hot water in my pressure washer if I want, and it's super cheap to run. When this one goes, IN comes another!!!

• Like 1