IGNORED

What is going on?????

RDawson

Here in Manitoba Canada winter is not done till its over....In 1963 we had 8 feet on snow on some of our country roads( we often had snow banks on our yard 4 feet deep ) ....We woke one morning and we found 1 side of the house dark and snow up passed the windows we had to climb out of windows on the other side of the house to shovel the snow from our exit door ...Temperature was   minus 35 degrees  ...The temperature here today now is   minus 32 degrees

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, NSA Joe said:

Sorry Ron I think we left the door open but hey we are glad to share with you. We are just trying to share the beautiful and scenic winter wonderland with you. Now if we can send some of the cold air that is coming.

We’ve got that coming too. Single digits and 12*-15* below zero. Not normal for our area. 

2 hours ago, larrydr said:

Here in Manitoba Canada winter is not done till its over....In 1963 we had 8 feet on snow on some of our country roads( we often had snow banks on our yard 4 feet deep ) ....We woke one morning and we found 1 side of the house dark and snow up passed the windows we had to climb out of windows on the other side of the house to shovel the snow from our exit door ...Temperature was   minus 35 degrees  ...The temperature here today now is   minus 32 degrees

1963 is older than me but I can’t imagine wanting to live in that. We may have our 90% humidity and 100*+ summer days but you can keep the snow and hard freezes. Not to mention our 9 to 10 month riding season. When it’s too hot to ride I can go fishing. 

1 hour ago, BigLenny said:

Squidley, 12 degrees in Houston really is crazy.

Its supposed to be 2 degrees here in Little Rock, Arkansas Monday night. Somebody up north left the gate open, and let the ole Frosty head down south.

They're talking about a winter storm for Houston starting Sunday with 1 to 3 inches of snow and freezing rain through Monday. I thought I left this garbage in Detroit 11 years ago 🙄

My mother always told me to share whatever I have.  Well, I am sending all this snow to you all down South.  We are below zero at night here and I am waiting for three separate storms in the next 4 days.  By the time the three storms pass by, we will have 10 continuous days of snow.  More than 1/2 of the snow we have is due to lake effect.

But I can't complain too much, we have had a snow free winter until mid January.  We usually have snow in November.

Jim

Edited by Jayceesfolly

I'm about 2 hours NW of Houston for family matters and we are expecting 4 degree weather in the coming days.  I haven't had a real winter coat since moving to Houston 15 years ago from northern Ohio. Only my leather for the bike.  I remember my first year here and getting a dusting of snow.  got up to go to work, get to the gas station and all the lights are off.  Figured they had a problem. Go to the next station and the same. Turn on the radio and they shut everything down. It's all perception and my perception is the north can keep this ~!@#$%^. I moved to warmer weather for a reason. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ragtop69gs said:

Y'all are making me jealous! We're having to suffer through a sunny 80°s for the next week. May have to take the rain gear for 1 or 2 days 😢

I like to make fun of the Yankees in early spring and late fall about our extended riding season so I guess I deserve that. 🤬🤬🤬

2 hours ago, MonsterBiker said:

I am in my 29th year in the HVAC trade.  But I am employed by a manufacturer now so I don't have to work for a living anymore.  😆

I spent a lot of time on the roofs of some factories and plants around here for 13 years, really liked the work. Unfortunately the owners in their later years were more concerned with profit over quality work so I moved on. Too much pride in craftsmanship to do cheap work. 

On 2/11/2021 at 4:17 PM, RDawson said:

1963 is older than me but I can’t imagine wanting to live in that. We may have our 90% humidity and 100*+ summer days but you can keep the snow and hard freezes. Not to mention our 9 to 10 month riding season. When it’s too hot to ride I can go fishing. 

You don't know what you missed. Those were the days when winter as kid was fun. We  built forts caves tunnels you name it. Didn't have to drive for miles to get out for a bit of snowshoeing or cross country skiing. We could build ice rinks that lasted from through to almost April. Yup you don't what you missed!:snow2:

Edited by saddlebum
  • Haha 1