IGNORED

What is a good coolant to use

Berdman

Running XVZ13ah. Going to change coolant this spring. What would anyone recommend to use? Is there anything that autozone might have for cars that would work? I might want to use cheaper coolant this year since I am unsure of the integrity of the coolant system.

Thanks

12 hours ago, larrydr said:

I did not know that anti-freeze was much of  a  issue  ..I am using Dexcool ...

Is there particular brand that would work  best ???

I don't mind changing the antifreeze if that is the right thing to do

Definitely get RID of the DEXCOOL and flush well with water. like I said it tends to attack certain head gaskets and that is something you do not want to get into. It was designed for GM's after a certain year and their head gaskets are designed to be compatible.

I like the prestone antifreeze myself. The old green stuff is fine too but make sure it is aluminum friendly and silicate free. I agree with the 50/50 premix but you can save a little if you buy the concentrate and use it with ether distilled or de-ionized water. Tap water or well water has too many minerals in it and like your kettle at home will build up sediment in your cooling system, a problem that was all too common in the early years hence having to boil out and/or flush the cooling system with acid or vinegar back then.

Edited by saddlebum