IGNORED

1984 Venture vxz1200

Thanks for having me so bought a non running venture they had tried doing single carburetor conversion   so  I'm wanting to change back with stock carburetors  not sure about vacuum lines I've notice carburetor Joint some are cap off  also appear to be 4 vent ports or vacuum ports on top side of rack could someone provide me clear picture on how stock carburetors with vacuum hook up should lookdbc1965@gmail.com bike has 32,000 miles on it and will have to go through everything I've order replacement throttle cables they had cut to do single vw carb mod which it looks all new will be selling. also needing some side covers picture's with correct hardware so with hopes can repair right

The so so called vents on the top side are also overflow tubes. There are four of them, to which hoses are connected and those four hoses run back to a frame cross bar & down exiting just below the pivot of the double kick stand. This is so if the float sticks open, the overflow of gas pours out on the ground, instead of all over the engine and exhaust pipes. The capped tubes are for connecting a sync tool so you can sync the carbs Usually three are capped and the one on the left rear (which is cyl #1) has a vacuum tube connected which leads to a vacuum sensor for ignition control purposes. hope this helps.

Saddlebum,

Grateful for your reply need to find some replacement tube there's a couple missing. so should I cap off the three port for sync on carburetor  itself like three on joints just using #1 cylinder connected?  Do have a used service manual coming kind of hard fixing or putting back to factory what someone else has done have no guide on repairs like the missing hardware on side cover and fairing look like factory screw was used with gourmet from pictures I've seen. Bike has good bones she needs a lot of TLC . where's a good place for rebuilt kit for carburetor?  besides ebay ? I'm going to post picture of my bike I'm a newbie with all of this doing little at a time right now 6 below here in Fargo for weather so have time . Thanks for having me

20210206_164058.jpg

20210206_164101.jpg

20210206_164058.jpg

Nice lookin scooter hope you can make it work and have lots of good rides on it as far as the carbs are concerned work away at them and if you have problems then ask away you will probably need more info so don't be afraid to ask we will try to give you answers that work.

Thanks once again you guys rock Marcarl only paid 200.00 dollars for her here in Fargo<ND  as mention before they started to do VW single carb mod  which all looks new but didn't finish the job by previous owners. so haven't even hear it run yet had a wrecker truck bring it home and will be putting stock carbs back on it bike needs to be completely gone through but has good bones 32,000 miles on it I'm new to all of this stuff so yeah I'm excited and nervous because don't know what I have yet far as running. She needs tires I'm going to do brakes fluids plugs on and on lol I'm really anal with maintained my cars and now my bike lol. Truly grateful for this site  also been watching you tube stuff  and gathering up parts little at a time notice my antenna is missing? so stuff like that they have to be original tires on her Dunlap elite 2  well they need to come off however still hold air. Take a chance sing or dance with this small investment . Thanks again saddlebum

3 hours ago, luvmy40 said:

I doubt anyone would start that kind of mod on a bike with major engine issues but, I'd run a compression test before I started dumping time and money into the project.

I agree and depending on the condition of the bike you may even be able to trickle a very tiny bit of gas into each intake tube to see if it will fire. Just don't keep trickling gas in while cranking it or while it is running. Buddy of mine did that and roasted his beer belly.

Never quite understood why some people would want to convert to single card seems like a down grade to me and if its just to avoid syncing carbs it makes no sense since carb syncing is so easy and done in about  20 minutes give or take.

The other issue I see is with only one carb and  venturi not much bigger than a single oem carb I would imagine the bike would starve for air. As well if the carb fails your stuck. With the 4 carb set up if one fails you can still boot along on three carbs.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 1

Appreciate your feedback so yes the single carb spoken about they didn't even run chock wire or fuel  shut off or ground wire  so yeah I'm little concern  about hearing  bike run my used factory manual came in today from amazon  20.00 including shipping right now minus 10 below here in Fargo so not doing any work on bike yet  worse case if bike turns out having a bad motor well just will donated it to forum  owner  or head dude or a member from here it's only money. Happy to have your feedback and support

20210210_142732.jpg