IGNORED

Prayers or best wishes requested

saddlebum

A few weeks ago my wife's Nephew and his wife from Highland IL., both tested positive for covid. They apparently contracted it from a co-worker at work He called in to say she was experiencing covid like symptoms. Their employer instead of recommending she either get tested or isolate until she was sure, told her if she did not show up for work she would be fired. Shortly there after my wife's sister and her husband also from Highland IL., tested positive as well. They all quarantined and no further symptoms arose. Just after midnight  Fri. Her sister started having breathing issues. With her husband asleep upstairs and feeling she would not make it up the stairs she got in a car about 2:00am to go to the Hospital. She was pulled over for erratic driving and the officer finding her semi incoherent rushed her to the Hospital were she was place on high flow oxygen. and began doing some tests> because she is diabetic and already has liver issues, they were limited in what tests they could do including a CT scan, so therefore they could not say for sure if it is covid or diabetes related. This morning she was placed on a ventilator. As well a few hours after she arrived at the Hospital Her husband was also admitted as his breathing became very difficult and was also placed on high flow oxygen Neither had any fever or any of the other usual covid symptoms other than a cough and then sudden difficulty breathing. At this point we still do not know for sure if it is covid or not but things do not look well for either of them.

With my wife's mother passing away some years ago and her father's passing last Mar., Her sister is her last remaining direct Family Member. So if your so inclined please offer up prayers for them or if not your best wishes on their behalf.

Thanks Ben

UPDATE: So it has been verified that both are suffering from covid-19. But on a slightly better note, there appears to be some slight improvement in both of them. as of today they are going to try to get my brother in law up walking a little. In the case of my sister in law, she is still on a ventilator but her numbers (whatever that means) are improving, so Please keep the prayers and well wishes coming.  Thank you all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saddlebum said:

UPDATE: So it has been verified that both are suffering from covid-19. But on a slightly better note, there appears to be some slight improvement in both of them. as of today they are going to try to get my brother in law up walking a little. In the case of my sister in law, she is still on a ventilator but her numbers (whatever that means) are improving, so Please keep the prayers and well wishes coming.  Thank you all.

GREAT NEWS!! Thanks for the update Ben!! Keeping those prayers up my brother!!

UPDATE #2: brother in-law seems to have pulled through. After a day without oxygen he has been allowed to go home but they are still monitoring his vitals, just to be safe. On the other hand, my sister in-law sadly is still sedated and still on the ventilator. On a good note however, she is showing small degrees of improvement so please keep the prayers and well wishes coming.  Thanks all.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 3

UPDATE #3: They have taken my sister in-law off the ventilator yesterday and but her on an oxygen nose tube with 6% oxygen, Today they reduce her oxygen down to 3% and she is out of the icu into a telemetry unit. She is not communicating yet but is responding to requests to perform physical. movements. My brother in-law is doing well with a few lingering after effects. Talking with him on the phone he sounded like his old self.

Edited by saddlebum
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Update #4, So my wife's sister was moved to a care home a couple weeks ago and last week they took her off her feeding tube and so she is once again able to eat. Her voice has not fully returned (though I have to say the way her voice sounds right now has a real soft sexy sound to it). However she seems to be recovering reasonably well and I am sure she will eventually get back that voice that has for so many years struck terror in to many an unprepared poor soul. Her positive signs of recovery are not just good for her but for my wife as well since they are so close and with their Mom and Dad having past on, She is my wife's only remaining direct family member. 

Thanks all for your continued Prayers and well wishes and hope you all stay safe and never have to go through this.

• Like 2