IGNORED

Our friend Prairie Hammer has passed away.

ragtop69gs

I have some very tragic news.  This popped up on my FB feed just now, Kevin M. Campbell (Prairie Hammer), passed away yesterday..  His knowledge of these bikes is legendary.  He gave so freely of his time and expertise to help so many of us with our Venture issues.

God Rest His Soul and may he rest in peace.

If you would like to leave condolences that his family will see, please visit his facebook page:

[https://www.facebook.com/Prairiehammer](https://www.facebook.com/groups/572977006222420/user/100001306650761/?__cft__[0]=AZWISubKfGCnzjj9Hf6tO87xz9Lp7Uh6UfbAo3j29eqrzo1rxSPKisMnBFWrf5SAGdjLDWDgN3NWPDAYvzp00-5Ufw3I1zmxN9ZR_hjdv0WUpEw3n3etBpYyjVe-wRHbibCXpPFr-9nr8KcIFBG7qN7P&__tn__=-]K-R)

• Sad 3

I am so sorry to hear of Prairie Hammer's passing. I believe I only met him one time in person at a Maintenance Day in Oberlin. I remember talking to him and having a fun time with him.

I am so saddened to hear of his loss. May God Bless him and his family.

Yama Mama

Wow.... Just saw this tonight.  Deep regrets at his passing.  My deepest sympathies to his family.  Never had the pleasure of meeting him in person but got to know him a bit through emails and this site. He played a huge part in my success restoring my '84.  Not to mention moral support to not stop that project until it was finished. Along with the occasional package I'd find on my porch with some rare lil shiny bits and  pieces with a note.....  "I don't think you have one of these.... yet."

See ya on the the other side my friend.   

• Like 1

I am so deeply saddened to hear this news,, what a heartbreak.. Tip and I send our deepest condolences to Kev's family and friends, including the many many club members here who he loved so dearly and helped so much.  He was one in a gazzillion of a true Venture guru that we all could count on to set things straight when needed.  God Speed my brother!

Puc and Tip

Here is short video of Kev sharing well wishes to Yammer Dan after DanL' went down on his way to MD 2015.  Missing you both!!  Puc

• Like 2

Oh my!

Truly one of the most generous people I’ve met. I am saddened deeply.

Of all the advise I’ve received on this (or any ) forum...when it came from Prairie Hammer, that was it, it was fact and I didn’t need to hear from anyone else...sage advise, picture, and a screen shot from the manual.

I will miss him.

Pat

I too am a newcomer and never got to talk to him personally.   We were chatting by message very recently and I am totally shocked to hear this very very sad news. 

Mine and my wife's deepest condolences to his family and all Venturers who knew and admired him.

A couple things to note with this tragic news of Kevin.

This is one guy I liked from the getgo, the first to help me find my way around the MKll.

I'd make it a point to thank him ( when I'm around) on every post regardless of who he posted for.

He had every needed camera angle and part number.

Absolutely impeccable fact based comments.

Kevin truly represented what this club is all about.

These passing's are growing in number; tho they knock us hard it is imperative that we pass the torch of our accumulated experiences thru the club where, so many have come to settle and clear paths bringing light to the uncertain. Kevin was such a beacon to so many, he will be greatly miss around here!

wow eh just stunned at this news

• Like 3