IGNORED

What a mess....

Condor

Two days ago we had a forcast of being windy for the next couple of days...  Ha!!  After the two days of almost hurricane winds and horizontal rain, and my back yard looks like a war zone.  The big tent lost it's cover and it blew the covers off my 3 RSV's that were inside.  My patio umbrella ended up on the other side of the yard against the fence and had to have leaped over the power lines and a tree to get there.  The pole was still laying there, but my 50# umbrella base is missing in action??  Shingles off the roof.. tarps somewhere in the Sierras..  Today light winds and rain.  The RSV's are getting soaked.  And this is California folks...  🙂

• Sad 2

Also in CA (SF Bay) and experienced the same last few days.  But sunny today!!!!  A little clean up work in order, but not unusual, we typically get 1-2 of these type of storms each year.   If I remember correctly from growing up in the midwest, an inch of rain equates to a foot of snow, so it could always be worse I suppose.

Good luck with all the cleanup/repair work. 

Well flying fool is gonna get some help..  From the looks of it that same front is headed your direction ...  So  brace yourselves.. this time the white stuff is coming from California...   And yeah those river city' tenters are probably in the market for new tents...  Around this time of the year they start opening up shelters   sometimes CalExpo...

Oh that front is here, About a foot of the lovely WWW. I sent some of it over to @cowpuc He seems to feel He needs a lot more.

This storm is we locally call a Pan Handle hook. It is when a storm comes out of the Rockies, thru the Pan Handel's of OK and TX and then swings north up the Mississippi river valley to hit the Midwest.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:08 PM, cowpuc said:

We came home to find @Flyinfool had been back to his normal abnormalities of torturing our area with about 6 inches of WWW but NOTHING like you folks got @Condor..   Cant imagine what tent city down by the American River looks like,, OUCH

sounds like @Flyinfoolgot a tad over zealous after being laid up so long and up and drastically overshot his usual targets and volumes. :snow2:

:backinmyday:and  a  course I's done wents ta a leavin  dat dern  back door open a tad longer than usual cause I tawt he'd be too's a busy a convalescing to tink abouts dat dern  little toy a is :doh:

Edited by saddlebum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, saddlebum said:

sounds like @Flyinfoolgot a tad over zealous after being laid up so long and up and drastically overshot his usual targets and volumes. :snow2:

:backinmyday:and  a  course I's done wents ta a leavin  dat dern  back door open a tad longer than usual cause I tawt he'd be too's a busy a convalescing to tink abouts dat dern  little toy a is :doh:

I think Fool has the WWW on auto-pilot!!

• Like 1