IGNORED

WELL WELL WELL! The gangs still here!

BigLenny

Hi All,

It has been a looooooong time since I've been on the site here. Teresa and I have had some crazy things come up in our lives the past couple years that have taken our focus off of riding. We have occasionally gotten on the bike for maybe a short ride to go eat or something here and there, but probably haven't put more than a couple thousand miles on it the past couple years combined.

IN the past couple years, we have dealt with: Me having 2 heart events that required hospital stays, and surgeries. The last one this past June 2020 was an event that happened while I was playing golf. My heart went into ventricle tachycardia, which resulted in my heart stopping, and me having to be carried to the ER, and hospital for a weeks stay, and a defibrillator installed. We're also dealing with two ailing mothers,, one of which we've had to move into our home to live with us. This has taken up great amounts of our time, dealing with selling my moms house and property and all of the work to get that completed. As well as Teresa having to go stay a day or two per week with my 93 yr old mother in law to help her. The list goes on and on. It has been a strange couple of years for us.

We still have the 2007 RSTD that prompted me to become a member here way back in 2008. She's still a beaut, and runs well after all these years. She has taken us to 37 states over the years. Buuuuut.......We have been kind of losing interest with riding, due in large part with my heart health issues. With the defibrillator installed now, we have a concern that if we ever did go down, it could be a serious situation with the electrical connections and such with my heart and the defibrillator. We are getting to the age where going down just isn't something we want to deal with, or at least we want to reduce the chance of it happening as much as possible. However, we both agree that we aren't finished with our desires to drink the wind, and experience the therapy that we all know comes with riding out in the open air across this beautiful nation of ours. 

So..........this past October 7th, we purchased a brand new 2020 Can Am Spyder RT Limited. Big beautiful red/black machine that has completely won our hearts. We purchased it on October 7th, and two days later, put it on a trailer and towed it to Flagstaff AZ. Left our truck and trailer at an RV park in Flagstaff, and rode the new Spyder on a 1250 mile loop around northern AZ, southern Utah, and eastern NV. Took me a few days to get used to the thing, but now we are flat out excited to have it! It runs and rides smooth as a baby's behind, and has all of the fancy dancy  thingamabobbers you can get on bikes nowadays. And, it comes with a far more secure feeling of not having to worry as much about going down. I know the rule; I'll post pics soon.

I just wanted to jump on and say hi to all of my old friends, and say hi to a lot of new names I haven't seen before on the site. Please accept my apology for taking a loooong break.

I'm baaaack!

Big Lenny. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

@BigLenny!! Welcome back!!  Glad to hear your back at it,, 3 wheels is better than no wheels = GOOD ON YA!!!  Smooth as a babies behind and loaded with thingamabobbers? Sounds like you got a DANDY!!! 

Hey ya lop eared varmint,,, still waiting on those pics,, got me drueling!!

Puc

• 1 month later...